iPhone4 on three mobile network UK any1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emkwan, Jul 5, 2010.

1. emkwan macrumors regular

emkwan

Hey guys n gals.

So I was in the regents St Apple store in London and noticed great coverage and speed of connection with the iPhone4's that were running on the three mobile network. Better then o2 and even Orange.

Can anyone confirm this to be true?

Any three mobile iPhone4 users here :) make ur self known and don't b shy lol

2. ryan.hayes79 macrumors member

I have an iPhone from the Apple store with a 3 Sim Only plan. Any specific questions?

3. emkwan thread starter macrumors regular

emkwan

Thnaks dude.

Yeh I wanted to know where roughly in the UK u were based and how ur signal and data has been with three? Also if you've had any o that terrible antenna attention?! :)

Thanks in advance.

4. AppleCallum macrumors member

I am based in Tamworth, close to Birmingham and Three are amazing! I switched from O2 and have went from GPRS speeds of 20kbps, to 3G speeds of 5mbps! I use them on my 3G iPad and they have the most reliable 3G coverage all over the country IMO!

They also have a much better tariff than the other networks!

I'm on 2000 mins, 5000 3to3 mins, 5000 texts, 133 pic messages and 1GB data for £45 with free phone, compare that to u2!

5. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

I am using the new 3 'one' tariff sim only with my iphone 4 and it's superb here in northampton where i live (speeds between 2.5-3.5mbit) and in milton keynes where I work it hovers around 2mbits.

Always get a very good 3g signal much better than o2 or vodafone.

6. emkwan thread starter macrumors regular

emkwan

Thanks dude :) its looking like I'll try 3 out for a while :-D

7. emkwan thread starter macrumors regular

emkwan

As good as that wow. Amazing

8. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

Check the coverage in your area first before going for it and let us know if you take the plunge how you get on.

I was with 3 about 3 years ago and the network now is vastly improved, back then I had to force it to use 2g more than anything to get a reliable signal.

As with anything coverage is only as good as where you live and frequent ;)

9. emkwan thread starter macrumors regular

emkwan

10. emkwan thread starter macrumors regular

emkwan

Ok so my intention is to purchase the iphone4 as a handset only and then purchase a sim only from three mobile. 12 month contract one. :)