iphone4 - Ordering dilemma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h1kar1, Jun 11, 2010.

1. h1kar1 macrumors regular

h1kar1

Good day guys.

Ok this is my situation.
    I plan on pre-ordering 2 iphones to my home one for myself and one for my wife.

Now. My mother and sister will be visiting us from NY that week (we are in los angeles) they also would like to buy iphones (new users). at first i thought not a problem just pre-order and have it shipped to my house we will make a BBQ and Iphone day would be fun.

BUT
    My mother talked to apple and at&t and they stated they will only ship to address on the card.

I am thinking she can just pre-order to a local apple store by me we have a few not to far away. But from what i am reading is that still does not guarantee a phone it's still first come fist serve

Would rather them not spend the day waiting on line for a change at getting the phone.

Does any one have any suggestions for us.

thank you...

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No, reserves and pre-orders guarantee a phone. Last year Apple set aside the reserved phones for one day.

3. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Are you trying to say that Apple doesn't allow separate billing and shipping addresses for pre-orders?

4. h1kar1 thread starter macrumors regular

h1kar1

Wow Geckotek
    Thanks i guess i got some bad information.
    If that is the case then its not bad at all. Just hate to waist a day of my mom's and sis's vacation to try and get them phones and fail.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sounds like it.

6. h1kar1 thread starter macrumors regular

h1kar1

That's exactly what Apple and At&t told my mom.

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Damn that sucks. I just moved and haven't switched my credit card addresses they are still tied to my other residence which is across the country. Grrr

Maybe we can call up the credit card companies and have them add on the secondary billing address temporarily (or permanently in my case)?

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Call and do it now. It only takes a moment to change it in their system.

9. h1kar1 thread starter macrumors regular

h1kar1

Yha in your case i would make the change sooner then later.

10. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah I'm going to call them up and ask them if they can add in my second address as a billing address as well. I move too much so I still keep the permanent address as my primary billing address so I don't have to change it all the time. Only problem is that the permanent address is in Pennsylvania and I live in California.

11. SDNikki macrumors member

so this means no shipping to work? has anyone else confirmed this is the case? if this is the case, i'm going to HAVE to go to the Apple store to pick it up :(

12. BDub722 macrumors newbie

I just ordered from AT&T and was able to enter a shipping address that was different than my credit card (used my work address). Doesn't seem to be an issue at all