iphone4 + otterbox + jogging band?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dachshund mom, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dachshund mom macrumors newbie

Is there any jogging arm band that will fit with an iphone4 in the otterbox defender? Thanks.

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Just let the phone bounce and drag behind you, the iPhone 4 will stay safe.. ;) Just messin, not that I know of though, maybe someone else can chip in.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I'm going to say..no. Being as bulky as it is, your best bet would be to use some duct tape or something :p Might just want to look on eBay for a really cheap iPhone 4 armband and just switch the cases whenever you need. There really is no viable solution for what you're asking since the Defender wasn't meant as a jogging case.

4. dachshund mom thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the otter case because my iphone quickly became my toddler's most favorite toy. But getting it in and out of the case is a pain, and I really wanted to use it as an ipod for jogging and biking. Hmmm.... Maybe one of those pouches that clips around the waist. What are those things called? Any better ideas?

eta: do you think it will wear out the otter box being taken off almost daily?

5. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

wow that sounds like a terrible idea. You can't blame the toddler, they will play with anything, but also throw things spontaneously

You should get the kid a simpler toy and get yourself a "bumper" style case + an armband to run in

or just get an ipod nano

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The silicone will stretch constantly removing it.

7. karleaglemac macrumors regular

karleaglemac

This made me laugh out loud.

8. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

If you are bringing your iPhone along just for music, consider buying an iPod shuffle.

9. jnjewlz macrumors newbie

jnjewlz

Tune Belt

Hello, Dmom. Check out the Tune Belt Sport Armband for Otterbox iPhone 4 / 4S Defender Series Case. You'll find it on Amazon.

10. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

You could always use something like the SPIbelt.

I use it on runs in the summer when I don't have a pocket for my phone. The nice thing is that it doesn't bounce much, you can tuck it in your shorts or under your shirt so it's not so obvious you're wearing it, and you can stash cash, an extra house key, or an energy gel in there pretty easily with the phone.

11. runningagain macrumors newbie

The Armpocket Xtreme i-30 fits the phone and the case, no need to take the case off. You can even fit your ID, credit card and keys in there ..
    This is probably the best quality you can get. I have been using mine (the smaller model) for a couple of years now.