iPhone4 Protection Poll: Whats Your Favorite And Why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by falconman515, Jun 17, 2010.

?

iPhone4 Protection What Do you Like The Most (Please Comment as Well)

1. Powers Support

35 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Warpsol

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Zagg

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. Bodyguardz

5 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Phantom Skinz

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  6. Ghost Armor

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Looking to order some protection for my new iPhone4 this time around and wan to get feedback through comments and this poll on what you use, prefer and why! :)

Sorry for the mis-spelling of Wrapsol in the Poll names.

2. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Here is a post from an earlier discussion about this topic and what that user thought. They put a lot of effort into that reply and wanted to move it over to this poll as well:

3. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

4. WSwingley macrumors newbie

Been using Power Support since I first used it in Japan and I love it. Their anti-glare film is to die for. I leave them on for months-years without needing a change.

I use a Vaja sleeve for the heavy work, so I can't say whether the Power Support film holds up against the rough stuff.

5. glamourkills macrumors newbie

I've tried both the Power Support Anti-Glare and Crystal on my iPhone 3g and have liked my experiences with both products. I think they're excellent protection films at a nice price.

However, I've also tried the Wrapsol on my iPhone 3GS and found that product to be very good as well. You can tell just by the package that Wrapsol is a very well established company that provides a great film protection and I enjoyed the matte finish on the back of my iPhone. (I have yet to try the Ultra, though. I'm not too sure how the dry application will compare to the wet application of the original.)

As for what I'll use when I get my iPhone 4? I'm borderline Power Support and Wrapsol. Not to mention SGP has some quality products as well.
    Too many decisions. :)

6. walds11 macrumors 6502a

You need to add other to you poll. clear-coat all the way. Not tacky and no orange peel effect.

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

How was Best Skins Ever omitted?

Better coverage than Invisible Shield and a third of the price.

8. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Got an email back asking when these will ship from this company this was the reply:

Hello,
    Thank you for contacting SGP customer service.
    We are taking pre-order iPhone 4 protection films, vintage case, and sheild as well. We will ship out June 21. 2010

If you have any more questions, please feel free contact our customer service department again at info@sgpemail.com. Thank you.

So it looks like this is another option that should arrive by the 24th or 25th all depending on where you live.

9. falconman515 thread starter macrumors 6502a

falconman515

10. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Big fan of the Powersupport antiglare film. Been using it for the past couple of years and has served me well. Wont hesitate to put it on my iphone 4 when it comes out. Only concern will be the front facing camera.

11. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

I'm surprised that Powers Support is winning by such a high margin.

Is it a full body screen (covers the front AND back and maybe sides as well)

Is it's screen olegophobic (finger print resistant).

Does it's screen protect the phone from drops (I've been told wrapsol does).

I'm just curious about the above as they seem to be winning the poll by quite a bit and yet have very little info on their website about the above aspects.

12. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

I have the new Zagg InvisibleSHIELD Dry on the front and back, the screen is crystal clear, as if the screen protector wasn't there. The back is clear too, but it has a leathery design, so it also looks pretty cool :)

13. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

Just cot a Clear Coat put on my iPhone 4 at a kiosk at my mall. It feels kind of tacky. I like power support because it's easy to apply and reapply, and they're cheaper. But mostly because it's slick and feels like glass instead of rubber. Invisible Shield and Clear Coat feel tacky like rubber and I'm just not happy with it. I'll get a power support when it comes out.

14. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Does it cover the sides?

Is it's screen olegophobic (finger print resistant).

Does it's screen protect the phone from drops (I've been told wrapsol does).

I'm wondering if it's worth it to splurge and get the wrapsol. Or not.

15. Igantius macrumors 65816

From what I've seen all front protectors cover up the front camera - is that the case? If so, any problems?

16. supermanfan macrumors member

+1 for Best Skins Ever. I never buy anything else. iPhone and Macbook and Macbook Pros.

www.bestskinsever.com

17. cherylzyx macrumors member

cherylzyx

User Sparrky posted this in another thread. I found it very helpful. From this review I had decided to go with Power Support but now that I have my phone I'm just too concerned about scratches to wait for it. I ordered a SGP Crystal Clear - should be here in a couple of days.

Quote from Sparrky:
    You may not find this helpful lol, but I've tried Bodyguardz, Best Skins Ever, power support, SGP anti-glare and SGP Crystal Clear. Of those, my favorites are Power Support and SGP Crystal Clear. You don't even know they're there. They look just like a naked screen. SGP anti-glare is nice, but makes the screen fuzzy. Those are static-cling type protectors. They look awesome but peel up eventually and tighter cases like sliders will just wreck them. Bodyguardz, BSE, Zagg, etc...(wet application) are all super durable and can withstand slider cases without coming up at the corners, BUT they all have a slight orange-peel effect that may or may not drive you crazy. Bodyguardz is least noticeable, but it's there. If there's a protector out there that's as durable as bodyguardz but looks like power support, that's what I'd go for. I just don't know if that exists. ​

From this thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=936867

18. Sunday Shadows macrumors regular

19. shaitana macrumors newbie

Want Power Support, but not the wait

Anyone have any idea on why Power Support haven't gotten their iPhone 4 protectors out yet? I much prefer their products, but I'm not keen on waiting until the end of July.

20. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

I bought a Belkin Gripview at Best Buy and it's a pretty nice case. Goes on and off easily, has a snug fit, and works great with just about any of the thin films for the screen. Since its clear, you can also see the Apple logo and info on the back as well.

21. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Thanks for the quote buddy! ;)

22. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

I'm using a SGP Crystal Clear right now. Install was clean and it looks pretty clear but it's lacking cut-outs for the front camera and back flash --cut out for flash should ship in about a week. Seems they have no plans to do a cut for the front however. Will try Power Support out once its available.

23. LittleRedBird macrumors member

I had a Power Support Crystal film on my 3GS from day 1. Never had to replace it and the film still looked great with minimal markings after one year. Easily installed it myself and had no bubbles or flaws. Got my set on order for the iPhone 4 and can't wait! For now, I have the 3GS film temporarily on the front of the new phone. It's not a good fit, but it's better than nothing!

On a side note, I'm considering just using the films with a bumper. Always had a hard case to protect the 3GS, but, with the camera flash issues, I am a bit weary of having anything on the back. Never thought I'd consider using only a film on the back.