Iphone4 Reception MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kennybahr, Jul 1, 2010.

1. kennybahr macrumors newbie

I originally got my iphone delivered to my house on June 24th. I immediately noticed the reception was really bad, much worse than my 3gs. My phone fell off of lap onto the ground on June 27th (Sunday), and shattered the backside of the phone. I went to the apple store at West County mall in St. Louis the next day (Monday),I somehow got really lucky and he took my info and told me they'd be getting more phones in the next couple of days, and that he'd give me a new phone. I just returned from the mall...July 1, (Thursday), and noticed a DRASTIC change in reception. I have held it every way imaginable, covering it with both hands, one hand, in closets, under tables, you name it, FULL BARS AT ALL TIMES. Not sure how, but it seems something has changed in the second batch of iphones. Let me know what you all think.

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

So, we should shatter the back sides of our iphone 4's to get better reception?

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Eh, no offense to the OP, but I'm not convinced.

4. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Hmm

I think I will call my Xwife over and just hit her in the head with it a few times...until the back glass shatters then see if my reception gets any better?? Good idea?:eek:

5. Steve Ballmer macrumors 6502

Steve Ballmer

Placebo effect... You thought the reception was better, so now it is, in your mind.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I don't have problem with my iphone unless I hold it with my hands on bottom left corner. That's when I start to lose bars in just few seconds. I got bumper now, and have no problem at all.

7. kennybahr thread starter macrumors newbie

My wife and I got our phones delivered the same day. Her phone has the bad reception and mine hasn't a problem at all. She has 1 bar without holding the phone, and no service while holding, while my phone has full bars and it doesn't move at all. I'm blown away as to why this is happening, but I promise you guys this is true.

8. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

9. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Please post back here if/when you realize you're losing reception again. Seriously. I often wonder how many of the "my phone works great" people find, a few days later, that their phone exhibits reception problems after all and never amend their statement.

10. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I was thinking of throwing at my wall a few times. Pisses me off this damn phone.

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Really. WTF.

12. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

True!!

That is a good point. I read where taking out your sims and then putting back in helped so I tried it....it improved my reception for the total of 15 minutes but I never posted back to say anything else about it...reception problem is going away any time soon.

13. Caraj macrumors member

I have 3 iPhone4 and 2 of them would get cutoff almost every call after a minute. AT&T gave us new sim cards and reprovisioned (if that is what it's called) and I can say more than 24 hours and not 1 disconnected call! So for our phones this worked. I can learn to live with my hand position not touching the antenna but can't live with the constant "CALLED FAILED" message every call

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just ignore some of these members. When did this forum become “Don’t Bother Posting Unless You’re Here to Whine/Complain/Bitch/Troll/Put Down Other Members/Only Discuss Problems?”

Don’t worry. If my phone later shows problems, I’ll be sure to own up to it. That’s all I’ll do though, since I’ll just return my phone later when this problem gets resolved. Unless someone comes up with a fix on here, there’s no point whining about it here.

15. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

While you're bashing, let me give you my exwifes address! Lol

16. Iphonelvr macrumors member

Well iv'e dropped over 15 calls today with 5 bars 3g, any suggestions?:(

17. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

When the bunnies went away, that's when.

18. levpa05 macrumors member

had our two phones replaced today, no difference tho.

19. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

Post your model number and the first 5 digits of your serial number Too see when it was manufactured

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I had my phone replaced twice, from Apple Store and Apple.com

Doesn't make a difference. If you aren't dropping bars then your signal is good.

21. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Uhm, turn off 3G?

:rolleyes:

22. Peabody macrumors regular

+1

23. Encanto macrumors regular

24. Iphonelvr macrumors member

Seriously ??????:eek:

25. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The mods think differently, or I’d post them. :)