iPhone4 redsn0w JB 4.3.1..something doesn't seem right? missing features!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by OutSpoken, Apr 5, 2011.

1. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I followed iClarified and jailbroke my iPhone4 yesterday, updating from 4.1 limera1n.

Everything went ok, although there were a couple of minor details left out in the tutorial.

..anyway, finally restored most of my cydia apps and settings as pkgbackup and aptbackup failed on me:mad:

But heres the problem, my phone is saying its updated to 4.3.1(8G4) however I don't see any of the new features... e.g airshare, multi gestures and the new updates page on appstore etc... :confused:

can someone tell me whats happened, or am I missing something?

2. tomasno1 macrumors newbie

i want multi gestures too. how to enable on iOS 4.3.1 after redsn0w JB?

3. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

airshare? the updates page had some slight modifications if any i think.. if you're on 4.3.1.. you've got it all :confused:

and see here for gestures...

and edit 2:

4. OutSpoken thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok maybe not airshare, however AirPlay and AirPrint are not present.

And I definitely don't see the changes in AppStore... So something's seriously up.

I think I may have to jb again and update to 4.3.1 via iTunes instead of the custom ipsw.

5. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

they only show up when a compatible device is available. [airplay]

6. jman240 macrumors 6502a

Troubleshooting AirPlay
    If your Apple TV, Airport Express, or compatible 3rd-party device does not appear in the AirPlay menu, follow these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Verify that your AirPlay-enabled devices have the most up-to-date software or firmware (see the table above for minimum AirPlay requirements).
    2. Verify that all your AirPlay-enabled devices are logged on to the same home Wi-Fi network (check the home network names on your all your devices to confirm).
    3. Verify that your iOS device has Wi-Fi turned on and is associated with the same home Wi-Fi network as your AirPlay-enabled device.
    4. Ensure that AirPlay is enabled on the device to which you are trying to stream content (for example, you can disable or enable AirPlay on Apple TV in the AirPlay menu: Settings > AirPlay).
    5. Check Internet or network connectivity on all affected devices.
    6. Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.
    7. Ensure that other devices are not trying to stream to the same AirPlay-enabled device at the same time.
    8. Turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device by tapping Settings > General > Bluetooth.
    9. If attempting to use AirPlay from a third-party app or a website from your Safari app on your iOS device, confirm that the app or website is AirPlay compatible (refer to the developers of the app or website for additional information).