iPhone4 Screen Dead after JailBreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pwb2103, Aug 1, 2010.

1. pwb2103 macrumors member

I jailbroke and upon restarting the screen just never comes on. The phone still shows up fine in itunes and makes the charging noise when I plug it in but the screen just won't come on and I can't unlock it by sliding where the unlock bar should be.
    I've tried restoring twice and it doesn't change anything (once restored from a back up, once restored and set up as new). I've tried resetting by holding the on/off and home buttons until the phone disappears from itunes... no luck

What do I do now? How am I the only one with this problem?

EDIT: going to try putting it into restore mode and then restore... see if that makes a difference.

2. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

Nope, I still can't get the screen to turn on at all even after multiple resets, restores, and restores while in DFU mode (worth a shot right).

I'm completely out of ideas. Is there anything more hardcore I can do? Or anything really simple I might just not be thinking of?

3. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

If after you restore, it still doesn't work, take it back to Apple.

4. MicroApple macrumors regular

That sucks, it could just be your phone having a problem. Since you did a DFU it should be running the normal firmware so can't you just return it to Apple?

5. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

That is all I can think of. The odds that my screen just died at the exact time I restarted after the jailbreak seem small but... I guess that must be it

6. pwb2103 thread starter macrumors member

yep made a genius bar appointment and it was just a hardware issue with bad timing... walked out with a replacement iphone in about 10 minutes