Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone4 Screen Dead after JailBreak

pwb2103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I jailbroke and upon restarting the screen just never comes on. The phone still shows up fine in itunes and makes the charging noise when I plug it in but the screen just won't come on and I can't unlock it by sliding where the unlock bar should be.
I've tried restoring twice and it doesn't change anything (once restored from a back up, once restored and set up as new). I've tried resetting by holding the on/off and home buttons until the phone disappears from itunes... no luck

What do I do now? How am I the only one with this problem?

EDIT: going to try putting it into restore mode and then restore... see if that makes a difference.

pwb2103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Nope, I still can't get the screen to turn on at all even after multiple resets, restores, and restores while in DFU mode (worth a shot right).

I'm completely out of ideas. Is there anything more hardcore I can do? Or anything really simple I might just not be thinking of?

Comment

MicroApple

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
That sucks, it could just be your phone having a problem. Since you did a DFU it should be running the normal firmware so can't you just return it to Apple?

Comment

pwb2103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
That is all I can think of. The odds that my screen just died at the exact time I restarted after the jailbreak seem small but... I guess that must be it

Comment

pwb2103

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
yep made a genius bar appointment and it was just a hardware issue with bad timing... walked out with a replacement iphone in about 10 minutes

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.