iPhone4 screen wakes up during iPod use

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Laimbeersux, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Laimbeersux macrumors 6502

Last night at work I was playing my music through my iPhone4's iPod app and noticed something a bit weird. As the player would get to a new song, sometimes it would wake up the screen and I'd see the cover art, similar to what would happen if you hit the home button or top power button while playing music on the iPod app. I don't think it's a major issue and I'm betting that it was and is a proximity sensor issue but I'm curious if anybody else has had this problem. The only way I can think of that it could negatively effect the phone is battery life from the LCD being powered up a bunch of unnecessary times.

Any ideas? and yes I did try searching, like I said I'm betting it's a proximity sensor issue that will be solved this week, but am open to other suggestions on how to solve this minor problem. I like many other people have had the prox sensor issue many times, but due to the way I hold the phone away from my face a bit, all I've managed to do was try to add new contacts, and one time put somebody on speaker phone accidentally.

2. celticpride678

I've also had this happen with my iPod touch. I can't tell if it's a feature or problem. It doesn't happen on every track switch.

3. draz macrumors 6502a

Well you can always try a restore and see if it clears up. But 4.1 is just a few days away so if you can hold out then hopefully that fixes it.