iPhone4 shipping by FedEX

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by panamaszr12, Jul 13, 2010.

1. panamaszr12 macrumors newbie

Beware FedEx. Yesterday (07/12/2010) I was sent an email saying my iPhone was to be delivered by 4:30. after almost a month I was so ecstatic to say the least. Since I was working from home I was able to wait. I left the front door open to my apartment, which I could see anyone who approached, as well as hear them. Well 4:30 came and went, but I heard Fedex sometimes ran late. I kept checking to see if there were any changes in my delivery online, then all the sudden I see (Item Delivered) what the H*!!. It wasn't delivered to me, and who in the H*!! is this person who signed for it I ask myself. I know it wasn't delivered to me. There was nothing to tell me where it was delivered online. So I called FedEx, and the service representative who answered called to find out what went on. She proceeded to tell me that I wasn't at home so the driver dropped it off at the main office to the apartment complex. I told this person how I had the door open waiting for my phone, and was watching the door like a hawk. I told her that the drivers story was a BLATANT LIE. All she could tell me was I'm sorry. I explained to this person (Anna) how I waited for the package, and if by some how i wasn't there that there should of been a ticket on the door to say so. It is too bad people have to lie to you. I hope that anyone who experiences a situation like this will tell Apple so that they don't use shippers who lie. Yes I did finally get my phone this am, my fiance had to go into work late because her name is on the lease, and the management will not release the package to me alone. Can you imagine how mad I would of been if they had refused the package and sent it back.
    SO A WORD OF ADVICE TELL APPLE NOT TO SHIP BY FEDEX IF THIS IS HOW WE THE CUSTOMER ARE TO BE TREATED (LIED TO) AND GIVEN THE RUN AROUND:mad:

2. Villageguy86 macrumors newbie

wow, you got a ******** driver, not the company's fault, just that guy's boss. Now if that was fedex's standard policy..... then we need a change.

3. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

So what's the big deal? You got your phone.

I don't know where you live, but at my apartment complex, all packages get sent to the main office for residents to pick up. It's standard procedure. Just show them your ID.

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Something similar happened to me with Fedex as well, that's why i order from the AT&T store and have them deliver there.

5. panamaszr12 thread starter macrumors newbie

so whats the big deal yoou say

Lets see, I never saw the fedEx driver.
    My package is signed for by someone you never heard of.
    I waited all day, and was told the driver said that I wasn't home, all the while I had the door open watching for anyone to approach.
    I was lied to.
    My fiance had to take time off of work to go to the office to get the package
    on and on and on.
    I don't know about you, but when I am lied to, by an agent of FedEX, I do take it personally.
    When it is apparent that FedEx could care less about my merchandise, I do care.
    Maybe you have no morals, and feel it is okay to lie, or take advantage of people
    I personally live by my word, and ethics. I work hard, and believe that this agent of FedEx should be reprimanded, or fired, because he has tarnished to reputation of Apple, and anyone associated with him.
    Just my two cents worth, but I stand by it 24/7

6. still in school macrumors 6502

Touche. I can't believe grown ups act like this. It's a phone! You ended up getting it didn't you? I could understand it if was car parts and your car was completely apart and you needed that one part to arrive so you can put everything back together, but it's a phone! Some people need to get in touch with reality again... You'll live...