iPhone4 should have the same design as the new iPod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Storrow, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Storrow macrumors regular

1. I doubt it would have the reception issue
    2. no issued with the back glass breaking - it's a cell phone, considering how much cell phones are used, it's function over form in my opinion. The retina display of the iphone 4 is amazing, but the current design with the glass front and back that scratch and break so easily belong in a museum not my pocket.

and just to get it over with...
    [​IMG]

2. phillipsteak macrumors member

3. Advil macrumors 6502a

more or less than my left hand?

4. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Are you serious? The glass back that scratches....do you think the shiny chrome of the iPod touch won't scratch or what?

And the iPod touch also has a glass front. If it's strictly function over form for you, then just invest in a really tough case. Most people love the design of the iPhone 4 and aren't constantly dropping the device.

5. Branskins macrumors 65816

Plus iPod touches always feel to light to me. I like the weighty expensive feel of the iPhone. I think the iPhone 4 has a perfect form factor and it feels just dense enough in the hands.

So I strongly disagree. I prefer the weight of the iPhone 4 vs the light iPod touch

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Did you start this thread just to post that ridiculous graphic?
    Edit: Thanks to the mods for the timg

7. Storrow thread starter macrumors regular

i guess you are right. i stand corrected.

But the glass on the front is not as scratch resistant as advertised. I have a screen protector on mine and I baby it and I have noticed the home button is scratched more than the entire face of a 3gs after about a year of normal use without a screen protector.

8. Storrow thread starter macrumors regular

no I didn't. I had no idea it would be that big. I am sorry I offended you.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't see this being any better to use than the glass back of the iPhone 4
    [​IMG]

10. Storrow thread starter macrumors regular

I said previously that I stand corrected. I am not an engineer either so maybe the reception issue would be worse.

11. aleni macrumors 68020

my iPod Touch's back has scratches all over the body like it's been harassed by a pedophile.

if iPhone 4's back is made of a metal and then you drop it and the front glass is breaking, what's the use?

12. admanimal macrumors 68040

Aside from the metal back issue, the phone needs more volume for the cell radio, GPS, and bigger battery that is a practical necessity due to the power required to operate said radio. The 5MP camera and LED flash on the phone also necessitate a thicker device.

13. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I wholeheartedly disagree. The iPhone 4's glass back is a lot more scratch resistant than the chrome back on any previous iPod. The design is just right. It feels great in the hand and looks unbelievable. I think they hit the jackpot with the iPhone 4 even with the reception issues.

14. aleni macrumors 68020

+1

apple logo on my 3GS scratched on first day use, but the apple logo on my iPhone 4 is still shiny as new, and no scratch at all so far. i don't use skin.

15. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I haven't scratched the back of my iPhone 4 yet, but my iPod Touch with it's chrome back is toast.

16. simple20 macrumors regular

What about an iphone 2g style back. I think chrome is ugly as ****.

Funny story though, I was thinking the exact sme thing. The new touch looks hot.

17. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Sure, the back scratches but no one except the owner gives a **** about it.

18. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

What?:confused:

GTFOH, home button scratched lol.

19. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Yeah someone scratched a white semi square onto it.