Iphone4 softbank tethering enabled!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prvt.donut, Jun 29, 2010.

1. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

I was looking through the settings on my iPhone 4 to see what changes there are and noticed tethering is there, and it works!

Any other softbank users have this too?

2. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

3. baileya1c macrumors member

You are lucky then because mine is not showing up. Running 3GS with IOS4. Softbank sucks a big ass donkey dick, I hate them. I will never again complain about AT&T!

4. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Tether

I have tethering showing up via Bluetooth or USB

5. james92se macrumors 6502a

6. soundmanJP macrumors newbie

Softbank (formally Vodafone) is Japans carrier for iPhone.
    (its a pretty big world out there and there are a lot other countries where various providers have the iPhone on their network)

Tethering is working for you? Wow, I thought with Softbank's no tethering and locked sim this would be a no go.. I may have to investigate more.

However I would be interested to know how your reception is.
    I tried phones at Yamada, Softbank and the Apple store in Tokyo, other than at apple the reception was poor and then completely unusable if I held the phone in my left hand, how are you finding it?

7. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

I asked a friend who got his iPhone 4 and he has tethering also!

Could this be a mistake of the shipped phones not having the softbank baseband installed?

Have to be carefull with updates!!!

Reception is fine, although I have Bluetooth headphones so I haven't tested left hand phonage.

Why the softbank hate? I love them! Cost of phone spread out over 2 years, cheap packet hodai and they are pretty helpful.

Have you ever been with Docomo??

8. whokilledkaji macrumors member

I love softbank too... Prices are resonable, support is pretty good and I think reception is excellent regardless of what docomo people say.

I haven't tried tethering yet, but I'll check when I get home. On the train right now!!!

Anybody know if there's a FaceTime trial number in japan too?

9. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

Update.

I think it was a throwback from my 3.12 jailbroken OS that I backed up from when I got the iPhone 4

I had installed the hacked softbank baseband file and expected it to all disappear. When I tried to use it, the tether didn't work and now the option has disappeared also.

It's interesting that my battery is still showing in percentage. Wasn't that a boss pref thing?!?

10. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

Seriously? I've been in the States for the past four months, and can't wait to get back home and resume using my iPhone on Softbank, whose service I have found to be near-flawless. AT&T, on the other hand...