Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flynnst0ne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
The only way i can seem to get my phone to work is when im not on 3G in my house. Everywhere else throughout town the phone works great. I never experienced these issues with my 3GS so i know its not signal issues where i live... How can i turn off 3G to just run Edge??

coelacanth

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2004
Go Setting, General then Network. You'll find "Enable 3G" option. Turn that off and you can force the phone to edge only mode.

Rosenberg

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Lancashire, UK
Got a shiny new iPhone 4 and want to turn 3G off and just use normal UK cellular data. I go in to Settings > General > Network, as I did on my old iPhone but there is no option to turn of 3G??? All I have done today is send a couple of texts and I am down to 87% already!! Am I missing something?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Got a shiny new iPhone 4 and want to turn 3G off and just use normal UK cellular data. I go in to Settings > General > Network, as I did on my old iPhone but there is no option to turn of 3G??? All I have done today is send a couple of texts and I am down to 87% already!! Am I missing something?

Screenshot of the Network page?

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009

I'm gonna guess you are on 3 Mobile, because their whole network is purely 3G that is the reason you can't turn it off, and you wouldn't want to turn it off as if forced it to only use 2G then they would disconnect you as it is breaking their T&Cs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.