Iphone4 video out as good as the N8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lamarak, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Im a proud iphone 4 owner but was just curious if the HDMI output that the N8 would be better than what the iphone 4 can do. Reason I ask because a friend was about to get an iphone 4 till he saw the nokia N8 and he asked me this. Hes an avid photographer and wanted something that would hook up to his TV and show off his work. Thanks for any info.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    In combo with an Apple TV it is much better IMO.

3. threezero macrumors 6502

nokia is still king of hardware imo. hdmi is a universal format, while with ip4 you have to use apple specific overprice cables. I'm have absolute 0 doubt that n8 will take better picture video and be able to output better picture/video. Heck my 3 yr old n95 take better picture than the ip4.

problem with nokia is that their hardware doesn't translate to good user experiences. changing simple setting still takes like a million click and the app selection is fraction what ip4 has.

so it depends if your frd need to rely on hardware, go nokia.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you seen the iPhone 4 pictures? They are great. Better than any other previous phone I've used. I haven't seen the n95 photos but I have a hard time believing a three year-old phone takes better pictures.