iPhone4 Video Upload to Facebook - bad quality

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ltaxson, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ltaxson macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having issues loading video to Facebook. Every time I upload an iPhone4 high quality video to Facebook, through their app, the video appears in Facebook very grainy and pixelated. If I upload the video from my MAC to the Facebook website, the video maintains its high level of quality. Do you happen to know if the compression in the Facebook app is causing this issue? If yes, is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
    Larry

2. jf7fsu macrumors newbie

Ditto here too, I have Win 7. The FB and Youtube uploads look horrible. Only way around it is to export the video to your puter and upload to youtube in HD.

3. jwwpua macrumors member

I don't know a way around this. You will notice that when you upload from the iPhone itself, the first step it does is "Compressing..." with the progress bar. That's when you're losing quality.

4. danalin26 macrumors newbie

I'm having this same issue. When I uploaded video from my 3GS it looked better than the Iphone4. Doesn't make sense to me :confused:

5. cleggster83 macrumors regular

cleggster83

To get the best quality out of the video you need to connect to a computer and when auto play comes up use this to access the files on the iPhone and then upload via your computer. You cant upload via iphone 4 to youtube in full 720(HD)

6. elmzzz macrumors newbie

"the work around"

apparently compression only occurs with videos uploaded from camera roll. if you click "upload from camera," the video is sent uncompressed. :) of course, that doesn't allow you to edit or decide to "not send" the video if you don't like it. also, it takes a lot longer to upload the video. hope this helps.

is the mandatory compression prior to email/uploading, an iphone/apple requirement? in other words, if enough people complain, who's able to fix it so that we can choose to not have our uploaded videos compressed.

7. ryno2292 macrumors member

Some people seem to be having luck with the app Pixelpipe, uploads are uncompressed straight from the phone. I can't get it to work though, I get an error when it's trying to locate my media.

8. robertward1977 macrumors newbie

I have the same problems. But I have friends who also have an iphone4 that are not exeperiencing eith of them ??

Problem 1

I am unable play videos on my iphone 4 using the Facebook App over a standard Orange Signal even though I have full bars and 3G showing, however when I get home (where I dont get a signal) the phone connects to my wireless router and the videos play just fine ????

Problem 2

When uploading videos directly to facebook using the Facebook App, the videos become grainy and distorted, not at all in the HD quality they are when playing direct from the phone . .

9. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Where is this magical "upload from camera" button? Is that in the facebook app? There is only choose from library or take video.

10. Solange82200 macrumors regular

He means the take video option

11. cl601amt macrumors member

Dumb Question

Dumb Question, but where is the option to upload video? I only see the option to upload photos, and if I do that there is no video shown on the camera roll