Iphone4 water damage replacement question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pro11, Oct 14, 2011.

1. pro11 macrumors newbie

I purchased a water damage Iphone4 a while back for very cheap. The Iphone is still under warranty until January of 2012...
    I've opened the phone and mostly all the water sensors are activated...

My questions is how to get a replacement Iphone from apple?

I was thinking of walking in the store and just telling them the truth, that the phone was purchased from someone and it had water damaged and I don't have an acct with ATT.

What do you think will happen? I don't mind paying the replacement fee, I think is only right to... but do you think the fact that I don't have an acct with ATT will matter?

Thanks.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Take it to the Apple store & pay the $149, you'll get it swapped.

3. pro11 thread starter macrumors newbie

No questions asked about not being an ATT customer?

4. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Take it to the store, Tell them you're having problems, And they MIGHT give you a brand new iPhone. There is a chance you can get it free. But you may have to pay.

5. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I have a water damage question also. I have one water damage sensor activated, the one in the dock connector. One drop of water landed in it while I was coming into the house in the rain. I did my best to get it out, and it never caused any damage to the phone. The rest of the sensors are fine. Would I ever have a problem replacing it down the road?

6. pro11 thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont mind paying at all, but ofcourse I would rather not. I just dont want to lie at all. I mean they are going to open the phone and see that it was basically under water.

My questions is if there will be a problem because I dont have an acct with ATT and the phone wasnt purchased under my name?

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

I have heard all four water sensors must be red before they will deny coverage.

Nope, it is not a problem if you don't have an AT&T account.

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Does lying work in all aspects of your life or just in getting things you don't really deserve?

OP - good up to you for being honest, like others have said, go to an Apple store, tell them what's going on, they'll either charge you $149 or give you a free replacement.

9. pro11, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

pro11 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will keep you all updated on how this goes.