iPhone4 wont Restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by khaburi, Jun 9, 2011.

1. khaburi, Jun 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011

khaburi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my iphone 4. The battery died and when I charged it and turned it on, I get the iTunes activation page.

So, I connect it to iTunes and try to activate it and download the update for the phone.

After downloading and extracting the software, it reached the Verifying with Apple stage and then a message pops up that says that this is not eligible for this build of iPhone and gives me the error TS1275 and sends me to this link http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

Done all the steps suggested on there and am still having problems restoring. The iPhone isnt Jailbroken but it keeps rebooting itself and shows me the iTunes activation sign.

I would appreciate any help.

2. bjgpp macrumors member

I don't know if you have a mac or windows, but you need to check your host file.

On a mac, go to folder /private

click etc folder then hosts

on the bottom line of the host file will be "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com"

put a # sign in front of it so it looks like "#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com"

save as

put iphone in dfu mode

try restoring again.

I had the same issue when putting on ios 5 on my iphone 4 yesterday and this method fixed it. I don't know how to do it on windows because I don't use one.

3. khaburi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip.

The phone progressed further to the point where it says "Preparing iPhone for Restore" then "Verifying restore with Apple" then "Waiting for iPhone".

The phone flashes then loads the apple sign with a progress bar underneath and then gives me the error

An unknown error occurred (9). Then it loads me to the same TS1275