iPhone4 yellow screen problem

Macbie

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Sorry I know this has been talk alot before but I just want to know if there are people who didn't exchange their phones even with the problem and continue to use as of today?

scovarrubias23

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
I had some yellowing on my screen, especially on the bottom of the screen! It drove me crazy so I ended taking it to the genius bar and had them exchange my phone. Really no questions asked....

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
If you already have your iPhone set up the way that you like, I would give it a few days. Once the glue dries more, the yellow spots that you are seeing should disappear.

Macbie

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
I have 2 dust particles trapped under the screen but I am able to tolerate that as they are not that visible but then I had to come across this yellow color problem thing on the internet and found out that I have the similar problem too. I already exchanged once due to a somewhat big bad pixel in the center of the screen, the guy at the Phoenix Biltmore store almost didn't want to exchange it for me due to it has a single bad one only but he did eventually. I am just scare that exchange for the second time could result in some other problems again.

I met this guy at the Scottsdale mall, which he told me he exchanged his phone 4 times lol and is going to do it again.

Macbie

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
If you already have your iPhone set up the way that you like, I would give it a few days. Once the glue dries more, the yellow spots that you are seeing should disappear.
I had it since last Thursday. Maybe giving it a couple more days won't hurt.

scovarrubias23

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
I had the phone since day 1 and the yellow spots never went away. I would totally just exchange the phone.

rm328

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2010
I only notice it after I come in from outside with the phone being exposed to sunlight. It soon goes away though.

nightsky971

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
Yep...had the same problem. Yellow band all the way down the right side when it got the slightest bit warm, and then it would go away when cool. Switched out at an Apple store with no trouble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.