iPhone4, yucky

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBX, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBX macrumors 65816

I don't know man, looks too boxy, no? http://gizmodo.com/5520155/gal-1//gallery/2

There's also some unusual Apple design choices made. Seams? Metallic boxy side?

Seems almost like a bit of a step backwards and reminds me more of what maybe HTC or Nokia would do.

Kinda disappointed, i was hoping for more tapered, unibody style which makes it look more organic.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As stated in loads of threads, it's just a prototype.

3. andromedaan macrumors member

andromedaan

Indeed, i find it very ugly as well.. i can't imagine this design being the real design they're going to sell.. it's just so NOT Apple! It isn't smooth & simple..

4. R1PPER macrumors 6502

I think its beautiful simplicity...it's the iphone i always wanted. Its pretty perfect combination of aesthetic simplicity and function. Cant even begin to imagine how you guys want it to look.

5. speed12 macrumors regular

Totally agree. It may not be the most original design we've seen, but it is definitely not 'ugly'. It has impeccably clean lines and the gloss black-aluminium-gloss black 'sandwich' makes a great effect. Just look at how well the gloss black and aluminium works on the MacBook Pro. The new design exudes a lot more class than the current iPhone design does which to be perfectly honest is hardly groundbreaking in terms of aesthetic design - there is only so much you can do when you essentially just need a case around a screen with the minimal of buttons.

I think the new design is a total winner really!

Having seen some of the colour schemes, font choices and backgrounds in 'customisation' threads from jailbreakers, I don't want to imagine!

6. SooneratND macrumors regular

As someone who uses his phone in the office, this iPhone design is awesome. Looks much more professional looking. I like it a lot.

7. Dead Panda macrumors member

Small iPad?

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Personally, I just like that the fact that everywhere my 3GS now has cracks looks to be metal in the new design.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

10. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Excellent Excellent point.

11. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

12. Hawke macrumors regular

I love how almost everyone is just running off with the idea that a prototype is the final product, or at least what the final product is going to look like.

13. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I find the new phone Icky! That better? :p

The new phone, if it's real - is sexy. Love the look and it's simple design. Looks solid too.

14. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I heard it can give you cooties.

Did we really need ANOTHER thread on this issue?

15. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I like it and if that's what we will get, then I'll be buying two! One for me and one for the wife.

16. corriewf macrumors 6502a

It's not a horrible design but it's not awesome either. I also think it is too manly looking. My wife doesn't like it at all. Wonder how many females will.

17. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

18. RasterScan macrumors member

RasterScan

I like the look. I believe it will be the final design.

19. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

As has been pointed out elsewhere...since most owner slap a case on their iPhone, does it really matter if you don't like it naked?

20. Dead Panda macrumors member

Women like shiny and curvy and men like tough and industrial. Use your head every once in a while.

I'm not a big fan of the iPhone 3G design and I think the original design was more sleek and professional.

That's what she said!

21. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I think it's rad :D

22. corriewf macrumors 6502a

The silver sides... It has more of an industrial look versus a smooth look that the current Iphone has. Girls like smoothness. That's what she said!:D

23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I like the new design. It looks solid, sleek, and retro. And if anything, it's a closer fit to Apple's existing aesthetic (metal, and glass with as little plastic as possible) than the 3G and 3GS.

Count me in.

24. androiphone macrumors 65816

exactly apple have already proven that you can slap a case on it to make it fat and ugly like to old iphone, and because the new iphone is slimmer you can whack on the case and have a 3G/S lookalike with it being any more fatter than the 3G/S.

25. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Ha Ha

no matter if you like it or not you'll buy it once the marketing blitz rolls out...I remember people complaining about the 3G redisign but they still flew off the shelves, as will this next installment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.