iphone4g front facing camera or.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i1alian085, May 27, 2010.

1. i1alian085 macrumors member

I haven't heard anyone say this yet - maybe i am wrong though - but is it too far fetched for the 'front facing camera' to actually be an indicator light such as those found on a blackberry?

i know i hate when i have to constantly unlock my phone to go in and see if i have an email. maybe the indicator light is to show a new email - push notification - or text message instead of having to slide and open the phone.

(improved battery life as well)

prove me wrong please!!!

2. celticpride678

Well, I think that there will be a front-facing camera, but what about that "unknown hardware feature" that has been showing up in leaked front panel casings?

3. i1alian085 thread starter macrumors member

i don't think it's a camera. i think its an indicator light. there has been no proof that the camera works.....

att can't handle the bandwidth of all iphone users streaming live video to one another - let's be real.

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Have you bothered looking at Gizmodo's teardown of the phone?

It's a little thing called WiFi.

5. The Doop macrumors member

Consider me intrigued! As for the camera, I hope they smart it up and utilize it in a more interactive way. Maybe even for navigation.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm going way off track Mini Hot Plate! there ya go really of track! I really don't think Apple is trying to fallow in BB footsteps. if they are where is the new qwerty keyboard?

7. i1alian085 thread starter macrumors member

navigation?
    all that is internal.

the front facing camera would be cool - and some of att's phones already stream live video.

i just think it may be a little much for this next hardware update.

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

[​IMG]

check the above image thats clearly a lens in there

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

You do know they've taken the prototypes apart and looked inside right? It's a camera.

Also, how do you explain all of the video iChat references in the 4.0 OS code?

That's because no one could get the device to work in general. I think all of the prototypes have been locked by the time the news staff got their hands on them.