iphone4S constantly warm when screen is off and not plugged in.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 73CortinaV8, Oct 19, 2011.

1. 73CortinaV8 macrumors 6502

Just sitting on my desk, screen off, not plugged in, the phone is very warm. Like something is running.

I killed all my apps. I turned most location and all push services. None of the location services that are left on have purple or gray arrows next to them.

What could possibly be running?

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

my 3GS sometimes used to get very hot and drop like 90% of the battery in a couple of hours, to stop it you had to turn the phone off then back on again, see if doing that solves it, an iPhone is basically just a mini computer and (sometimes) needs a reboot after an installed app or just in general.

3. Sulwyn macrumors member

That used to happen to my iPhone 3GS and when I took it to the apple store to have it checked out, the genius told me it was a battery issue and replaced my phone.

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

That doesn't sound good. They can run a scan on your battery and see if it's faulty.

5. macrat macrumors regular

Mine did that when all my stuff were synced to iCloud. I have turned them all off for now except the photo stream until I can figure out what's going on. For now my 4S is back to normal and my battery is happy:)

6. 73CortinaV8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I found something that might be causing this.

I have outlook calendars alerts going to the locked screen. On the locked screen, sometimes the entries freak out. It's flashing text back and forth. I wish I had another video cam so I could take a pic of this

When it happens my phone starts getting very warm, even with the display off.