iPhone4s: major camera(s) problems. Help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LoppyLugs, Apr 9, 2012.

1. LoppyLugs macrumors newbie

I purchased a brand new iPhone 4s from the Apple Store about three weeks ago. The camera (as supplied) and my Hipstamatic and 7.0 MPX camera apps all worked fine for a while. Now none of them work at all and, what is weirder, on my Photostream and Camera Roll are several copies of a photo of rolling hills that I've never seen before - perhaps this is a default image? I haven't a clue what is going on but I am not a happy bunny. Any ideas please??

2. LoppyLugs thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

OK.... I tried this: I backed up the phone in iTunes then did the 'erase all contents and settings'. When I switched back on after a few minutes, of course, I had to reset my phone. I went through the various steps but did not enter iTunes but skipped that step until I had the home screen, minus all my applications. I tested the basic camera (presumably the model before ios5 update?) and it worked just fine. Happy, I went back to iTunes and restored my apps from the earlier back-up. Surprise, surprise - none of my cameras worked and all was as before. Now I may have done all of this but I don't understand the implications! Presumably the phone itself is OK but the problem is something to do with the firmware? If that is the case (a) why don't other people have the same problem and (b) what can I do about it? Please help somebody - I am not a techie :)

3. LoppyLugs thread starter macrumors newbie

Magic.... sorted it out myself... apparently, in trying to set some restrictions, I included 'camera' so the icon disappeared and none of my three photo apps worked because all of them merely modify the working of the basic camera. All restored... phew!

4. flashyman macrumors member

I wonder, I think you tried lot about the camera, thats why finally got this

5. SMCD12 macrumors newbie

Inverted Pics when emailing from my iphone 4s

I have had this phone for less than a month and I am very unhappy with the fact that the pictures I email to friends are sideways or upside down. When I look at the email on my phone, it appears to be correct, however it is not. The only "fix" to this problem that I have discovered so far is to use an app called Photogene. Open the app and go to camera roll. Select 5 pictures (the max that can be sent with email) and send. I have sent emails to myself with 5 pictures and they turn out fine using Photogene. I don't like having to do this. When I send emails with pictures from my ipod touch camera, there is no problem. With my iphone, there is a problem. I just can't beleive Apple has not corrected this with a software update because it is a major problem.