iPhone4s mute button, misplaced blue color when turned to silent

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by quetiapine, Mar 18, 2012.

1. quetiapine macrumors newbie

Hi all!

My first post here, and it's not a happy one.

I just bought a white iPhone4s two days ago. I noticed when turning the mute/silent button up and down, it didn't slide smoothly, like it does on my sons 4s. The button sometimes get stuck half way too. Took a closer look and compared the phones. On my phone there is a misplaced blue color when it's set to silent, and on my sons there's a red color as it is supposed to.

Is this a manufacturing defect or what? I would really appreciate your input on this.

I took a photo:

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/7823271/img/Public/mute-button-problem-iphone4s.jpg

Regards quetiapine

2. TheAppleSource macrumors regular

TheAppleSource

Definitely looks like there's something that's gone a bit wrong there. Take it back to the store that you bought it from and show them the photos you've got (as well as the actual phone, obviously) and they should replace it. Similar process if you bought it online, but you'll likely have to send it off to be inspected and then subsequently repaired or replaced.