Iphone5 and AppRadio 2 SPH-DA100

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thomapa1, Mar 25, 2013.

1. thomapa1 macrumors newbie

I am finding it hard to find useful information about connecting and using iPhone5 with AppRadio 2 - Car audio. Was hoping others have experience here....or know of a helpful Pioneer+iPhone5 forum

I had my install done about a week ago - some things work well, some not so well.

The downloaded apps, outlined on the Pioneer AppRadio2 site typically work well, minor to no issues (although there are not alot of apps yet). I am using Waze, Pandora, NavFree, Mixtrax. Aupeo seemed to be problematic so I don't launch that anymore.

I had expected better results with native iPhone5 functions such as:

1. iPhone5 Maps - At times I will get a small map screen displayed on the headunit, cannot control the screen - have to go back to the phone for controls. Other times it will display properly on the headunit, but just the map - no voice, no way to start navigation.

2. Controlling my playlists and playing the music located on my iPhone5 typically does not work. When I launch Car Media Player (or AppRadio) I just get a small screen displayed on the headunit. Useless. Once in awhile, it will launch fine and works as it should. I have tried plugging in my iPhone after I start the car, before, during, unplug / replug - I cannot find a good combo.

3. Have not even tried Siri yet - looks like I'd have to control that from the phone though.

Anyone else have experiences here?

I have it connected using Lightning to Digital AV adapter and Lightning to USB cables. I supplied the CD-IH202 kit, but it appears as if my installers did not need to use it?? I have the latest firmware v8.30.

Another complaint is that I have mega cables in my storage shelf as the pigtail on the lightning to Digital AV adapter is what I plug into the iPhone and is only @3" long. To solve this, I need a Male to Female Lightning extension cable so I can hide all of these cables and only have a lightning cable in my storage shelf. I don't think they make this cable yet.

2. GiRARDsays macrumors member

You might have better luck over at appradioforums.com or avic411.com

3. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

The short of it is: Pioneer's i5 support is piss poor, and even worse that you have to buy 2-3 adapters for about $200 total in order to get full functionality.

4. orlasttoy macrumors newbie

any luck? i just jumped into this same combo....I hear Pioneer's kit is useless..you can use Apple's lightning to HDMI cable for full functionality (or so said th sales guy) :)