iPhone5 AT&T LTE Issues - Denver

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ME Nick, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ME Nick macrumors member

ME Nick

AT&T recently rolled out LTE in the Denver and Boulder areas.
    However, when I enable LTE on my phone, and I am not within LTE range, I receive no connectivity whatsoever.

When going from my work (LTE area), to my home (non LTE area), the network will not revert back to standard 4G. It still shows AT&T and a couple bars in the top menu, but I cannot place calls, browse web, send text messages, etc.

Anyone else experience this issue?
    Not sure if this is something I should take to an AT&T store.

2. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Yes, I've ben experiencing it as well. Hopefully Apple is working on a fix. It doesn't always do it for me though.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try a reset network settings.
    And give AT&T a call in case they need to fix anything on their end for your account.

4. ME Nick thread starter macrumors member

ME Nick

Thanks for the advice.
    I have reset the network settings, and will see if this fixed the issue when leaving work today.

5. ME Nick thread starter macrumors member

ME Nick

Resetting the Network Settings worked.
    Thanks for the help.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. albanianeagle macrumors newbie

that worked for me initially, but now, it has reverted back to dropping one data, and not reverting back to the other. I usually turn airplane mode on and then fiddle back and forth to grab signal again, it usually happens on I-25 between Denver and Boulder for me. There handoff is terrible right now between LTE and 4G, its most likely a network issue and not phone. I am looking for them to clean up their act quick, they have not said that LTE is available in Boulder yet, which it now clearly is.

8. denaliOnDubs macrumors regular

denaliOnDubs

I experience the most LTE handoff issues on I-25. I have reset my network settings, replaced my iPhone, as well as restoring as a new device. It has been a month now... Lets get it together AT&T... Apple just advises that you disable LTE... But yes if I turn off cellular data for 10-15 seconds I can get a data connection again. Kind of frustrating...