Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doandy09

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
I want to know when I can walk into a store and pick up one. I am in no rush to get one and I actually want to get one from best buy because I have rewards and gift cards from there. I read that bestbuy us backed up on preorders and can't fill them all until late October. Is that true? What is it looking like out there? Thanks for the input!

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland
I want to know when I can walk into a store and pick up one. I am in no rush to get one and I actually want to get one from best buy because I have rewards and gift cards from there. I read that bestbuy us backed up on preorders and can't fill them all until late October. Is that true? What is it looking like out there? Thanks for the input!

Ring them.

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas

I'd give them a call. Also, it depends on where you live too. If you are in a less popular area it could be that they either do not have any or have some because no one is really getting them. So that could work out as well. If you can I would call a few.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
wondering the same thing, might be better to just order now with the waits out to 2 - 3 weeks. No gaurentee that the the times will get better by the end of October, which will still leave a small supply in the stores.

This happened with the 4s in my area last year. And you could reliably walk into a store and get the 4s until the new year.

Last edited:

doandy09

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2011
As there any lines still forming at the stores when shipment come in or are people just pre ordering?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.