iPhone5 display quality

lockerc18

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2012
I thought I'd check out a ball game on my new phone to see what the picture quality was like. Now, I have an HD flatscreen TV, too, and the picture quality on THAT is amazing. I could never, ever go back to a non-HD screen. The quality of the iPhone display is just as amazing. I mean, crisp, beautiful colors, just a very, very sharp display. I don't know if this picture does it justice.

yanks2.PNG

I never thought it would be worthwhile to watch video on a screen this small, but honestly, I can sure see doing that now.

What a display! Wow.

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
Hate to be the one to burst your bubble but the iPhone is not HD. :eek:
True but it is significantly better than standard definition, a lot closer to HD than SD and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1280x720 and the iPhone at 1136x640 at that screen size

lockerc18

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 17, 2012
True but it is significantly better than standard definition, a lot closer to HD than SD and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 1280x720 and the iPhone at 1136x640 at that screen size
Yup. But it's so close that I sure can't tell the difference, except for the size of the screen, of course.

Not worried about my bubble being burst over this. I have lots of spares floating around.