iPhone5 leak from O2 [UK Network Carrier]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JUiCEJamie, Aug 18, 2011.

1. JUiCEJamie, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011

JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Hi Guys,

After chatting to UK Network Carrier o2 about a few things on my account, I asked if I was eligible to upgrade my current contract.
    "Liza" the online customer care rep said, yes. - I then joked that I'll wait for the iPhone5.. it was as that point the representative took the lead with information that shouldn't really be told..

Sorry about the size :\

[​IMG]

2. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Would they really know? I've heard O2 have had information about replacing the display iPhone 4 in store and replacing it with an iPhone 5 so maybe they do. :eek:

3. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

4. lukefinch macrumors 6502

lukefinch

o2 really needs to learn how to keep their employee's mouths shut:D

5. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

While it's not likely... you people have trained yourself to write things off too quickly.

IF that is release date is true, do you think certain people within carrier companies wouldn't know the dates? That's foolish. Weird stuff does happen... maybe this employee knows someone high up and found this out and got drunk at lunch and thought "eff it.. I'll respond to this person, what will it matter?" Not saying the scenario I gave is likely or what happened... but **** happens.

If you think people outside of Apple don't know the release date this close, that's just foolish. Furthermore, why would she just make up a specific date?? That scenario is even more odd, IMO.

6. MagnusF macrumors regular

Do you guys really think a woman in techincal support at O2 is one of the first persons to get info about the upcoming iPhone 5 :rolleyes:

7. 184550 Guest

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I know huh:D
    Just because some company rep made up some BS then I guess its a major leak....

9. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I remember back when Macrumors used to post front page stories stating they called customer service and got info on next generation iPhone. The truth is, 99% of the time, wireless customer service agents know just as much as you or I, and chances are they got their information from sites like Macrumors in the first place, not from the company they work for.

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Yeah, I don't think the OP could have made it more obvious. If you know to how to take a screenshot of your Mac, you know how to crop it too.

11. Delta-NC macrumors member

Delta-NC

I actually knew about O2's plans for iPhone in September wayyy back in May. Never said anything because we all knew it was due around then anyway and I'm hardly a valid source in the grand scheme of things. Though I do wonder why if I (in no way related to O2) found out about it in May why was it not common knowledge? :confused:

12. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Because it's probably just O2 empolyee's making crap. They won't know about the iPhone 5 until about 10mins after it launches.

13. Delta-NC macrumors member

Delta-NC

Also for what it's worth I question the image posted in this thread for two reasons, firstly the rest of the screenshot seems to be trying to sell something. Secondly (if the chat is genuine) the iPhone 4 launch from what I remember had no pre-order with O2 which makes me think 'Liza' may just be guessing. That all said I may just be a cynical old git ;)

Not the every day O2 support staff, but many O2 employees will have a reasonable knowledge of when to expect new handsets for various reasons. I may have, quite innocently, saw a memo issued to certain O2 staff.

14. nednarm macrumors 6502

I constantly tweet about the coffee orgasms I get in....

15. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

16. cinek macrumors 6502

doubt it, they probably get their dates from the rumors and will probably push it back few days before the 15th