Carrier iPhone5 Shows No Service with 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Satvik, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Satvik macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Pikced up a new unlocked iPhone5 from US about a year ago & since then i've been using it in india with Airtel as my service provider. The other day, i lost the netwrok suddenly & then the phone didnt pick up the network at all. waited for a day but still it showed as No Service....not to mention that this was in a area where there is very good network connectivity.

i thought this must be a software problem & hence i decided to upgrade the IOS from ver6 to 7.1.2. after i upgraded the IOS thru my WI-FI, i did get back the network but unfortunately it goes off if i turn off the 3G.

Now the network comes only if i have the 3G on, irrespective of Cellular Data is On or Off. And if i need to use the ineternet i need to switch On the Cellular Data & 3G.

Where as all these days i used to switch On 3G only when i reqd a faster internet connetcion speed if not the 2G data connection was sufficient for me.

Took the phone to the iStore in Banaglore to get it rectified but unfortunately they claim that they do not have the support for US made handsets in india & suggested me to restore my phone & re-install the IOS.

Now i have done this restoring almost 3tims but still the problem continues.

Note: i've tried switching off/on the phone And also switching off/on the Airplane mode. but in vain.

I cannot use my iPhone5 with 3G off! Can anyone please help me here.
    Thnx,
    Satvik

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Have you tried a new or different SIM card? This may have been an issue with the SIM card and not the iPhone.

3. Satvik thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, i picked a new sim & also tried with one of my frnds nano sim...result is the same. 3G Off, no network:(

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

afaik iPhone warranties are worldwide, maybe send the question to USA apple to get them to authorize the repair in India.

At the end there really is no need for you to be on 2G anyway...

5. Satvik thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmmm need to try that - asking apple USA to authorise indian istore to help out.....
    Thnx

6. vipul753 macrumors newbie

Hi Satvik , i know this is quite an old post but i am facing the same issue as you describe above.. i have searched dozen of post but still no luck .. if you have any solution earlier .. please can you respond to this post ASAP .. i am seriously thinking of moving from Iphone to Android