Iphone5s battery/charging issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by School2, Sep 14, 2015.

1. School2 macrumors newbie

i have an iphone 5s that has had no problems whatsoever then about a month ago ita all of a sudden started having issues.
    the first thing that happened was the screen suddenly went blue and restarted itself. worked fine afterwards but obviously that isn't supposed to happen.
    now it's having charging issues. the charged percentage changes all the time. itll go from 90% to 10% instantly then back up to 90%. more recently its just been staying at 1% no matter how long its charging.
    even worse now is that it runs out of power and wont turn back on. it knows that its being plugged in and acts as if its charging because it shows the low battery symbol when the charger plugs in. but that's all that happens. it never gets to the point where the apple logo shows and turns back on. i've tried plugging it into different places and with different plugs so i know it's not the charger. this has happened once before and i left it plugged in for about 3 hours and it finally turned back on by itself and it showed 100% power. Its important that i figure out how to fix this soon because i start college soon and its my only form of communication since i rely on it for phone/text/email with my family and school. any suggestions are really appreciated! thank you!

2. Radiogaga macrumors newbie

Try this. Use the phone till the battery runs out and shuts off by itself. Then charge it all the way back to 100 before unplugging or playing with it. Maybe try this a couple times.
    If it doesn't help go to an Apple Store and they will run a test on your battery. If you have an Apple Store near you I hope.