iphone6 - candyShell VS Neo Hybrid

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ReL1988, Nov 19, 2014.

?

Which one?

1. Speck CandyShell

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Spigen Neo-Hybrid

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  1. ReL1988 macrumors member

Hi everybody! :cool:

I follow this forum for several months, and i decided to go and purchase my iphone 6 a new CASE.

The two options are - "Neo Hybrid" and "Candyshell".

Price is almost the same so it doesn't really matter which one price-wise.
    Which one gives better protection? which one has better grip?

If you have a 3rd option you think i should consider, go ahead :)

Thanks!

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

If it were me I'd choose the Apple Leather Case instead. Offers a little bit of drop protection for the corners if not the screen, extends past the screen just enough to keep it off a flat clean surface when placed screen-down, cures the slipperiness of the naked phone while remaining easy to slide into/out of pockets, works will with buttons and ports.

I used a black Apple Leather Case on my 5S and it held up fine the entire year I used it. Prior to the 5S I'd used Incipio Feather cases on my 4 and 4S and those cases tended to fall apart after a few months.

If I had to choose between the Speck or Spigen cases listed I'd go with the Speck based on the Amazon reviews generally being a little better for the Speck. Seriously though, I'd be cautious with either due to the ratings. I recommend making sure you read the reviews and understand why they're getting only 3 or 3.5 stars out of five.

3. ReL1988 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but i will skip apple case, i had the leather one for my ipad air and i am not that pleased with it.

thanks anyway :))

4. AE14 macrumors 65816

I just returned the candy shell grip for the 6+. The black scratched way too easily.Looked terrible after 2 days

5. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

That's why you get the white one so its harder to see them

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Have the white w/black grips on mine and it look fine after 3 weeks. Maybe a slight scratch near the top edge but not noticeable.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I would have to go with Candy Shell. I do not like the Neo Hybrid at all. Makes the phone feel way to big and it is very slippery, and hard to pick up. I have tried it a few days, dropped my phone a couple times, and now have it in a drawer never to be used again.