Iphone6 first issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Breitling65, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I found that my wifi is not connecting automatically couple of times when I return home. I am using Airport extrime 5ghz router connection for the last two years and it seem perfect with other wifi devices. Same time phone got lost all available wifi's and can't refresh them until I did reboot. This morning I found battery got drained completly even my phone was charged 100% last evening...

What should I do?

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

It's a well documented bug with iOS 8. It affects all iOS devices running iOS 8.

From iPhone 4s, and iPad 3, to iPad Air to iPhone 6, and 6 Plus.

Hopefully iOS 8.1, which is released on Monday, will address this.

In the mean time you will have to turn off/on wifi. If that doesn't help. Turn off/on the iPhone. If that doesn't help, forget network. Lastly if that doesn't help, reset network settings.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

From what I've seen (and posted above me), its more likely an iOS issue and not a hardware problem.

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Try re-setting network settings. It helped when my wifi was acting up.

5. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I agree with others that this is more software related and not hardware. My iPad Air running iOS 8.0.2 has WiFi issues once in a while also.

6. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was using same ios8 for a while on my former 5S without this issue. My wifes and my son's 5 also fine on ios8 connecting same wifi as myself. I don't think it is just ios, unless these phones are using different version.

----------

unfortunately you are not reading my post, I said only reboot (two buttons same time) helped. what about battery got 15% this morning?

7. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Like I said, reboot isn't always necessary. Sometimes not even a reboot helps.

What do you mean by "battery got 15% this morning"?

8. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know, I went to the bad at 10pm with the 100% of charge and waked up 7AM with just 15% battery left warning. The only program listed running/sucking battery that time is my surveillance camera's monitoring program which never took as much battery on 5S/iOS8 combo. I am concerned a little.... :(

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Yeah, that's not right if the app didn't use this much battery before. You could try deleting the app, rebooting and then reinstalling it? Has the app been updated for iOS 8?

10. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, will see what will happen second night :)