iphone6 plus bumper cover

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by seagreen10, Apr 8, 2015.

1. seagreen10 macrumors newbie

Need suggestion for a good quality bumper cover (not the silicon ones) for iphone 6+
    Thanks!

2. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

3. seagreen10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion :)
    I am buying for my dad and to be honest i am very naive at all the accessory stuff. All he mentioned was he doesnt want the rubber/silicone thing and i just googled Rhinoshield. It seems really awesome on the basis of reviews but is it a silicone guard? Sorry if my terminology seemed 17th century :)

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

It is some sort of fancy material with magic properties for drop protection. The version for the iPhone 6/6 plus is rated for an 11 foot drop, the one for the iPhone 5 was rated for 24 feet or something. It does not have a rubbery/silicone feel--it is a smooth matte plastic. Incredibly light and small. I just got mine a few days ago and I'm very impressed so far.

Kristin

5. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Kristin,

Have you done a video review yet?

6. seagreen10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. I will give it a shot!

7. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Just got it, so I haven't gotten a chance yet. It's a bizarre thing--it is so thin and light that I can't see how it could possibly protect my iPhone from an 11 ft drop, but there are many, many people online who say that it does, so...wow :)

Kristin

8. XRichard23 macrumors regular

^it does, it's awesome. Took over 30 purposeful drops before my touchid stopped working, and apple replaced it free due to being under warranty and "no visible damage".

Attached Files:

9. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Cool! Do you have their Rhinoshield screen protector on it? What kind of surface were you dropping it onto, and from how high? Also, how would you characterize the Crash Guard bumper material in terms of grip?

Kristin

10. XRichard23 macrumors regular

I dropped it onto carpet, laminate, vct tile and linoleum, I think I threw it a bit over my head a few times which would make it about 6, 6 1/2 feet. I had the screen guard on but I hated the gap, as it's not a full edge to edge. I did lightly hit it with a hammer while it was on and my phone was fine. I ended up taking it off after I dropped the phone not realizing there was gravel/rocks all over the floor, and the screen protector ended up looking like a golf ball with all the dimples it left. But agin, the phone was fine. I can't recommend the rhino shield enough, although I personally prefer a benks or similar edge to edge screen protector for aesthetic reasons.
    Edit: forgot to add it feels very grippy, but smooth. Definitely adds sufficient grub without feeling rubbery

11. eko91 macrumors regular

Decisions....

So it seems like there are so many different cases to choose from. In my opinion, I'd go with a case that is reasonable in price with a lot of reviews. I looked up iPhone 6 plus bumper cases on Amazon and it linked me to this site.
    I suggest you to look at the first 2 cases. It has A LOT of reviews and great ratings! Hope this helps!