iPhone6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shearwater, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Shearwater macrumors regular

Shearwater

iPhone5 is a stop gap in terms of design. So when can we expect something exciting and new from the Apple designers?
    iPhone6 will be needed fairly soon to keep up with Samsungs sexy phones.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

The next one will be the 5S and it will look almost exactly like the 5. So if you want a new design you'll have to wait until Summer 2014.

3. gentlefury macrumors 68030

There is no way of actually knowing that.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

"sexy design" is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, no other smart phone on the market can hold a torch to the 4/4S or 5 in terms of design

----------

history does tend to repeat. I'm about 99% sure there will be a 5S with the same design.

5. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Well given the history and progression of the iPhone I would bet that the next one look exactly like the 5 except have a slightly better camera/battery/processor.

6. robaroo macrumors regular

stop gap. lol nice buzz word. by definition, everything new that comes out is a stop gap.

if you're always waiting for the latest and greatest to come out, than you'll always be waiting.

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I agree, the design is pretty amazing. And the screen on the 5 is just brilliant. The only thing I would do differently with the 5 is I would have had the outer metal be silver matte silver with polished trim on the black one, just like how the white one is...I really like the black and silver look.

While I also agree, there probably will be a 5s...its not guaranteed. They could just move on to an all new design in 2014.

8. Shge12 macrumors member

Did you say torch? I have a blackberry torch, it sucks. Can't wait to receive my iphone 5 then my phone will stop calling random people/ stop being a blackberry

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Nope, it looks FAR better than any Samsung phone I've seen.

10. Shearwater thread starter macrumors regular

Shearwater

I am an Apple fan.....but not sure that stretching the iPhone4 by a few mm to come up with iPhone5 can be described as amazing!!!

IOS6 is keeping the iPhone going

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If you're an Apple fan then you should be aware that once Apple gets a design they like, they stick with it and only make minor changes going forward until something drives a new form factor.

12. nfl46 macrumors 603

Not sure.

Apple probably already has the design for the 5S, 6, 6S, and 7. People fail to realize that none of the iPhones look drastically different from each other.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

By the same token there is no way to know that there will be another iPhone, but the probability is very high based and Apple's past behavior.

Original

3G > 3GS

4 > 4S

5 > 5S

14. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

What exactly would be "amazing" then? This is a phone is it not? What can a phone be but a phone? Most likely the next phone will be a 5S (just like 3G -> 3GS, 4 -> 4S). The iPhone 6 will most likely be the 2014 model. Maybe Apple will finally do curved glass, but will that be enough for you? Would that be "amazing" enough?

Look at all phones out on the market, what are they? For the most part they are rectangular prisms with a camera on the front and back (with the back having an LED flash) and they very in size mostly due to the size of screen. This is true for all Android, W7 and iPhones is it not?

So what makes any phone on the market any more "amazing" than any of the others? Does adding NFC make a phone amazing? That wouldn't affect the look of the phone as it would just be one more thing attached to the outside. Wireless charging? Again that's just a pad on the outside of the phone. It doesn't really change the look of the phone....

What "amazing" thing are you missing?

15. dfinecy macrumors regular

Agree with most of the other responses, the next generation will most likely be a spec bump and debut next fall. The one improvement I'd like to see is to change the vibrator back to what it was in the 4 and 4s. This one seems louder and is harder to get used to.

16. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

1. Fairly Soon ? Got to be kidding. Apple will stay on schedule in keeping a yearly or so time table.

2. Keep up with Samsung ? Where have you been ? Apples business model has been established for years and should be known to most of us by now. They don't keep up with anyone. They take their sweet time in releasing a phone that has been tested and is matured enough for them to sell. Not keeping up with the never ending releases that Samsung or others have been doing. Please do your homework before posting such silly stuff.

3. iPhone 6 ? No way. The latest, greatest change just came out and Apple will release a 5S next year that will improve on this years release. Period !

:p ;)

17. gentlefury macrumors 68030

If the additional half inch is really all you notice then yes it is less than impressive. I personally notice the double ram....and the cpu/gpu that is 2x as fast as the 4s and using an arm chip that doesn't exist in any other device. And the extra color response and contrast ratio of the screen...the fact that it feels WAY lighter in comparison and is also thinner and yet gets much better battery life!....and of course the ultra fast LTE connection. If an upgrade is about making the product more flashy for you, or changing the entire OS to be something completely different then I don't think the iPhone is really for you.

If you want upgrades that actually do something for the long run and don't just contribute a wow factor on the in-store display but disapoint over time then the iPhone is an amazing device!

18. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

What would be a "new design" in your mind?

They changed the phone's:

Dimensions
    Weight
    Backplate Material
    Screen Size
    Antena Coloring/Coating
    Dock Connector
    Headphone Placement

Has any other iPhone update consisted of so many changes all at once? How many physical changes do you demand? Another 2? 3? 10?

19. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I have it from a reliable source the next iphone will have a 4.3 inch screen that is wider also..... :eek:

Let the flaming begin.

20. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Some people will never be satisfied. Regardless of what Apple or any other company does, it will never be adequate in their opinion. It's human nature and the System knows it. It's good for profits and continuous upgrading of everything in general.

Sadly, for the most part, we are a gotta have the newest and now society.

21. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Apple's Market Value Drops $70 Billion...

"Apple's Market Value Has Dropped More Than $70 Billion Since iPhone 5 Release"

Reason enough for Apple to expedite iPhone 6.

This is the kick in the arse Apple needed to wake them up to competitive realities of the day. With a wide variety of new Androids dropping in time for the holiday selling season it's time for Apple to raise their game.

http://on.mash.to/QR4BPY

22. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So you're saying Apple should start selling phones without the screens installed?

Great plan.

23. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

LOL

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20115860-17/apple-stock-feels-impact-of-iphone-4s/

There's a drop after each launch.

24. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I know you are kidding, but I *really* wish it was true so I don't have to spend so much$$ on an iPhone.

25. Shearwater thread starter macrumors regular

Shearwater

Read!