Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashfaquesl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
I Have been using the iphone7 for a about 2 weeks now & from the day started using it I have noticed lots of call quality issues :

1.) When the call is connecting a pop up beep noise from the earpiece( note it when in a quiet area,which is still fine)

2.) while speaking during a call after about 10 seconds completely the call quality changes to a different level where the person on the other side is sounds full of bass kinda.

3.)Some times our own voice echoes to ourselves which is really irritating & which I had never experienced a such thing since the iPhone 4s

I think it's clear & worried that it could be a software bug or a hardware issue.

any comments? Pls advise.

Ashfaquesl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
Are you in an area of good coverage. Could be a carrier problem. If the Apple Store is near by, have them check it out.
Yes, I'm in a area with super 4G coverage & I dint face any issues while using my 6s & these are frequent places where I use, is anyone else facing these issues..???????

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
Like others have said, this sounds like a carrier issue. The only thing i would suggest is power down your phone, turn it back on and make a test call to someone. if its still sounding bad then make an appointment and take it to the apple store.

Traderalways

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
I Have been using the iphone7 for a about 2 weeks now & from the day started using it I have noticed lots of call quality issues :

1.) When the call is connecting a pop up beep noise from the earpiece( note it when in a quiet area,which is still fine)

2.) while speaking during a call after about 10 seconds completely the call quality changes to a different level where the person on the other side is sounds full of bass kinda.

3.)Some times our own voice echoes to ourselves which is really irritating & which I had never experienced a such thing since the iPhone 4s

I think it's clear & worried that it could be a software bug or a hardware issue.

any comments? Pls advise.
What carrier are you with?

Ashfaquesl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2016
Like others have said, this sounds like a carrier issue. The only thing i would suggest is power down your phone, turn it back on and make a test call to someone. if its still sounding bad then make an appointment and take it to the apple store.
Did the same thing & even
What carrier are you with?
i'm in Srilanka & network is Dialog
[doublepost=1479134186][/doublepost]
Did it & even did a hard reset still occurs

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
then it sounds like a carrier issue. i would suggest a whole dfu restore. but even if you did a hard reset and the call quality is still bad then it most likely will not fix it. unless there is some sort of hardware problem.

MikeDee

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2013
In general, the call quality and clarity on my iPhone 7 has been excellent; seemingly improved over my 6S. Did Apple make improvements in this area?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.