Iphone7 call quality

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ashfaquesl, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Ashfaquesl macrumors newbie

I Have been using the iphone7 for a about 2 weeks now & from the day started using it I have noticed lots of call quality issues :

1.) When the call is connecting a pop up beep noise from the earpiece( note it when in a quiet area,which is still fine)

2.) while speaking during a call after about 10 seconds completely the call quality changes to a different level where the person on the other side is sounds full of bass kinda.

3.)Some times our own voice echoes to ourselves which is really irritating & which I had never experienced a such thing since the iPhone 4s

I think it's clear & worried that it could be a software bug or a hardware issue.

any comments? Pls advise.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Are you in an area of good coverage. Could be a carrier problem. If the Apple Store is near by, have them check it out.

3. Ashfaquesl thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I'm in a area with super 4G coverage & I dint face any issues while using my 6s & these are frequent places where I use, is anyone else facing these issues..???????

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nope. I have excellent call quality with varying degrees of coverage.

5. Ashfaquesl thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you suggest in this case

6. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

Like others have said, this sounds like a carrier issue. The only thing i would suggest is power down your phone, turn it back on and make a test call to someone. if its still sounding bad then make an appointment and take it to the apple store.

7. Traderalways macrumors member

What carrier are you with?

8. Ashfaquesl thread starter macrumors newbie

Did the same thing & even
    i'm in Srilanka & network is Dialog
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2016 ---
    Did it & even did a hard reset still occurs

9. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

then it sounds like a carrier issue. i would suggest a whole dfu restore. but even if you did a hard reset and the call quality is still bad then it most likely will not fix it. unless there is some sort of hardware problem.

10. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Find someone else with the same phone and see if they have the same issues in the same locations. It will tell you whether it's your device or your network.

11. MikeDee macrumors newbie

In general, the call quality and clarity on my iPhone 7 has been excellent; seemingly improved over my 6S. Did Apple make improvements in this area?

12. Ashfaquesl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot guys, will update after checking it out with the carrier :)