Carrier Iphone7/ios10

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loadsled, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Loadsled macrumors newbie

Random question.

Since ios10 is still in the final stages of beta and I'm assuming iPhone 7s are probably packaged up and already shipped to distributors... would they come with an early ios10 beta or a 9.3.x version for you to update at home?

Just popped into my head, not important at all.

2. ACDeag macrumors regular

They normally come with the latest, so iOS10, although I have always wondered how they update so many phones when they may have been built weeks/months ago.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

When was the last time a new iPhone version didn't come with a new iOS version?

4. Loadsled thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know. My first iPhone is a 6s+ that I got way after they came out. Hence the question.

5. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

IOS 10 is not yet officially out, so I guess they will come with some IOS 9.x.x.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

It hasn't really happened at least for a long time. They have been doing iPhone and iOS releases at about the same time essentially so that the new iPhone versions come with new iOS versions. They even announce the new iOS version release timing at the iPhone event because they are associated with each other basically.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 29, 2016 ---
    The new iPhone hasn't been announced yet.

7. Loadsled thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just thinking out loud I guess. Say beta 8 was final and speculated release dates are right.... that's a little over two weeks to load ios10, package and ship out in time for release. I'm not saying dates are right or that I know anything. I guess I find it interesting how they make it work.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

They make it happen. Not to mention that no real dates for anything have really been communicated yet.

9. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

The phones are probably still in China. Each year I've pre-ordered (every one since the 3GS, execept for the 6S) they ship from China after the pre-order. There is usually a thread that discusses tracking phones that are in transit. They will come pre-loaded with the release version of iOS10 which should hit GM status very soon.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

This could not be more incorrect.

iPhone 7 will ship with the GM of iOS 10. If the GM is then updated between the announcement of the iPhone and the actual launch of the iPhone, then a 10.0.1 will be seeded the day the iPhone comes out.

11. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

The new iPhone will have the GM on it. The date the GM releases you can be sure all the brand new iPhone 7s are being imaged with iOS 10 GM. The iPhone 7 will not support any version of iOS 9 or earlier

12. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

Apple's internal iOS builds are always a version or two ahead of what gets released to developers/public beta testers, so by the time beta 6 was released, Apple had most likely already had GM ready to install on new phones.