Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigdukesix99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2019
Las Vegas
Hello out there!
My iPhone8 stopped switching over to headphones immediately when plugging them in...in phone mode only. They work fine to listen to music. I have done soft reset, all software is up to date and was not updated recently, when this happened. It just stopped working last night. Also, I have tried other head phones and pigtails with same results.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
Hello out there!
My iPhone8 stopped switching over to headphones immediately when plugging them in...in phone mode only. They work fine to listen to music. I have done soft reset, all software is up to date and was not updated recently, when this happened. It just stopped working last night. Also, I have tried other head phones and pigtails with same results.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
You Amy need to erase and restore your iPhone. If so, be sure to back it up first!

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
just a few things you can check . . .

Some apps have a separate volume - make sure the volume is not turned way down for the app you are using?

You can delete the blue tooth connection on both the 1) iPhone and 2) more importantly the headphone "device list" to start a new connection from the headphones - clear all the devices to eliminate the chance that your headphones are connected to another device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.