iPhoneModem tethering made easy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marcoxyz, Sep 10, 2008.

1. marcoxyz macrumors newbie

Hi all

Here a very easy solution for Mac OS X Leopard to use the iPhone as Modem for your Mac:

http://www.iphonemodem.de/

The application is multilingual english/german and universal binary. It will suport Netshare, ZSrelay, XSrelay and OpenSSH. For a secure connection i recomment OpenSSH. Its free for all and if you like it by us a Beer... we are Germans ;).

Have a nice Week Ciao Marco from Berlin

2. marcoxyz thread starter macrumors newbie

Now available in Cydia as iPhoneModem zsrelay:

A Socks Proxy with all features and support for OpenSSH Proxy. You can make calls while you online with your iPhone.

Have Fun Ciao Marco

PS: DONT PAY FOR THE FAKE RIP OFF ON IPHONEMODEM.COM

3. ClayMaster macrumors newbie

Proper Configuration of Software

Caio Marco,

This is multi-part question. I installed zsrelay from Cydia and have a little confusion.

I restarted springboard and went to settings for iphonemodem and see the options. There were other web postings indicating that when I flip the Enable Proxy switch I should see an icon on the status bar and nothing shows.

i also tried to set up the BossPrefs switch using start:/usr/sbin/zsrelay and stop: killall zsrelay, but I can't find any verification it this is correct and can't find the recommendation for the the entry for process: or icon:

Is their a method for editing the BossPref service shortcut once it is created to verify that it was type correctly? I saw a few references to a plugin for zsrelay, but I found nothing. Possibly I am missing the source... thoughts?

On the mac side, things appear OK, but I have not had a complete test yet with the uncertainity on the iPhone side.

If you could create a short summary on these questions, I think it would help everyone.

Thanks.

4. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

5. marcoxyz thread starter macrumors newbie

Make shure that in iPhoneModem in Advanced the switch for showing the icons is set on ;)

Ciao Marco

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I have netshare and I've tried iphonemodem. None of these are "true" tethering solutions. they set up a proxy server that enables web development. Want to use an FTP client? nope. Want to hit other ports? nope. Want to VPN? nope.

I appreciate the effort, but I look forward to a true tethering solution from ATT/Apple. But this is better than nothing.

7. gdanko macrumors newbie

Nice app but I think it only gives you web access, right? It's setting up a socks proxy. Adium did not work, nor did any other non-web services. Am I missing something here?