Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
Hi iphone owners...

No iPhone in Australia, so bit hard for me to test! But I'd love for someone to test my blog on their iPhone for me!

I've installed a plugin into my wordpress which should hopefully template the site to suit an iPhone display!

url: http://www.invertedreality.com/

if you visit the site with and without the iphone you should see what looks like two different sites. I spose the iphone version will be imageless, and RSS'ish.

Thanks in advance!!

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Works well. It fits really well and its easy to navigate around the site. Its imageless though.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
Wasn't one of the iPhones marketing themes something like "The real internet" or something like that? Basically meaning you could view the internet like normal, instead of sites being designed specifically for the iPhone?

dangleheart

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Yes, that is true. The marketing message there is you can view most of everything out there ( there are some major exceptions of course ) whether with some difficulty or not.

But that does not mean people would not want to make their pages better suited for the iPhone screen size so users do not have to scroll or zoom in.

mashoutposse

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2003
Wasn't one of the iPhones marketing themes something like "The real internet" or something like that? Basically meaning you could view the internet like normal, instead of sites being designed specifically for the iPhone?

Yes.

Posted from my iPhone with full HTML formatting and all graphics.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

mpuck972 said:

Yes, but when you're on edge, it takes forever to load full webpages. OTOH, when on wifi full pages render beautifuly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.