iPhones bought in the last month or so: hardware probs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PowerFullMac, Dec 7, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

This thread is to see if Apple's "green sticker" phones are really a improvement on the older ones.

I got my 8GB iPhone 3G last month and I have no cracks in the case, no light leaks, nothing.

How about about you?

2. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Doesn't that mean it has the new power adapter in the box?

3. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

There where also minor hardware improvements.

4. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

like what? addition of a reliable 3G chipset? link?

5. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I think improvements to the case very minor internal improvements.

It was on a post on here, I aint got no link, I'll try searching though.

EDIT: Here.

6. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

Thanks for the link.

Since the new charger has a green dot and the iPhone that is shipping with the new charger has a green dot, I'd gather that's what it signifies unless there is some verifiable information that shows a Rev. A to the hardware.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

In the post linked I'd say the correct phrasing should be "manufacturing improvements" as opposed to "hardware improvements." Things such as how the power adapter is made, perhaps the way some things are attached or arranged internally, and possibly a new batch of hardware components (but not different hardware components).

This is pretty standard on new release devices. A good example is the MacBook Air saga. When they were first released the first batch had some serious overheating issues. Apple tweaked some stuff and they problem went away. It wasn't a change in hardware, but more like a possible minor change in manufacturing procedures and a tweak to software.

As for the original question, I got my current iPhone about 1 month ago (it was a new purchase, not a refurb exchange) and it has had a couple minor issues. I do not know, however, if they are hardware or software related just yet (they are just that minor).

8. Indy21 macrumors 6502

That's really interesting, thanx for the link.

9. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

It's adds up to the same thing in this case, there were tweaks and it improved the build quality issues (apparently) so I started this thread to see if this is true.