iPhone's Camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LouieSamman, Feb 26, 2011.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

there was a rumor that apple ordered an 8 mp chip from sony

3. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I am pretty sure Apple is going with an 8 MP camera on the next iPhone but thats not good enough.

I am planning on using the iPhone to be my stand alone camera and use no other.

Apple will continue to add more MP but I have a feeling Apple knows thats not enough. Optical zoom, no noise & more visibility in dark areas, increase in depth of field focusing, physical side camera button, and a continuation of photo quality with every new iPhone generation (a standard).

They need to hit those spots to get people to get rid of their pocket cameras.

If they do this many customers would be happy out of the quality of the camera when they use their iPhone to take photos.

Being able to take really high quality photos, edit with apps, & upload to many sources all in one device without need of a computer is such an amazing feature when it comes to people who loves taking photos but don't want to have multiple cameras. The iPhone can do it all.

The iPhone has already become an all in one device but now it can be better at some of those all in one features. In the iPhone to become an all in one device it obviously will lack in those features BUT time will gradually enhance all the all in one features and make the Apple iPhone king!

4. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

i think apple knows this. i really wish for an optical zoom as well but i feel this wont come for a while bc of the phones thinness. it would be hard to put in. i feel by iphone 6 there will be a lot more features as many people bought the iphone 4 bc of picture taking ability.

5. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I see it staying on the back of the iPhone it isn't going anywhere.

Oh you meant hardware wise. Logically it'll be a higher resolution camera.

6. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

True. Because of thinness the optical zoom will have to wait until tech gets more advance. I feel that the Apple has noticed the interest people have when noticing how great the iPhone 4 camera is and feel they are going to advance on the camera specifically along with the power specs that Apple always seem to work hard on.

I have the iPhone 4 and definitely will purchase the 6th generation as that will have many features toasted the camera

7. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Lol yeah but higher resolution is not enough. Apple knew this with the iPhone 4. It's also about the lens.

8. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

I'm going to say the iPhone 5 will have a 7 megapixel camera with a better lens and that iOS5 will have an updated camera app with more shooting options, but it will keep the 720p video. 1080p wastes too much space and most people can't tell the difference in quality.

9. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Nice. Seems pretty on par of it being true. Can't wait!

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why don't you just make something up for yourself if that's all it takes to make you happy?

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

How are you using your iphone as a stand alone camera. Any tips?

12. rovex macrumors 65816

What? I'd want 1080P video! What's more, it will be at least 8mp sensor on the iPhone 5. Then after that 12 MP. That's just how all camera's are.

I'm skipping the iPhone 5 because the iPhone 6 will pack a 12MP sensor with 1080p video I imagine. Oh yeah, and FaceTime camera will be 720p or 1080p by then.

Other updates I see is PLS backlight which is better than IPS, and an even better retina display, higher resolution.

The iPhone 6 is the one to look out for.

13. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

14. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Maybe the ability to do 3D imaging?
    Two lenses could do it..

15. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

16. Jack105 macrumors member

eh...it has phone capabilities, these devices are beyond phones at this point.

17. climber20 macrumors member

I'd love to see the camera kept at 5 MP or even dropped to 3-4 MP, but with a slightly bigger sensor.

Doubt that will happen, since most people buy the myth that more megapixels=better pictures.

18. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

That depends on how you hold it.