iPhone's ear speaker for phone calls has stopped working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sheeds, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Sheeds macrumors member

Sheeds

So I've got a 3G iPhone, and awhile ago when I was phoning people, the ear peice, or the speaker right above the screen that you put your ear to, started malfunctioning. It was cutting in and out, going silent, or quiet.

I thought it was just the call quality that was bad, but whenever I used speakerphone or my headset it worked fine. So it's definitely the speaker on the phone that's broken. Also, for the last month it's never made a peep, so it's dead from what I can tell. I thought that just maybe it was a software thing, but when I restored to the new iOS4 it might just fix it but alas, no. I'm jailbroken and unlocked.

Any Ideas? Causes or ways to fix it?

I'm also looking to sell it, it's White, 16GB and works perfectly beside the speaker. Give me a price.

2. WheresMyHelmet? macrumors newbie

You have a couple options first option is send it into a iphone repair center and it cost you about $99 or you can try to fix it your self witch in that case watch a few video on you tube just search iphone take apart and there should be alot of videos.