Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanxslabaugh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I was playing on my 360 and when I was done I touched the back and it was very hot and the same thing with my laptop and I have heard horror stories about those devices crashing because they overheat and they have fans!

Do the iPhones overheat like that?
I know that they do not have fans in them so I was just wondering how hot do they get?

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
I was playing on my 360 and when I was done I touched the back and it was very hot and the same thing with my laptop and I have heard horror stories about those devices crashing because they overheat and they have fans!

Do the iPhones overheat like that?
I know that they do not have fans in them so I was just wondering how hot do they get?

ummmm no.... iphones are not made crappy like xbox 360s

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
It's just a phone! Albeit a very good one. What other phone heats up so much it breaks? Hmm.... So, like the above answers, I would have to say no.

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Mine gets hot, after a good solid couple hours of surfing the net on GPRS, also when I plug it into a car and let it play music while texting on it, makes it quite warm, but not so that it gets too hot and overheats. Also many people on this forum have found that if it does get worryingly hot then take it to an apple store and they will usually give you a replacement on the spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.