iPhone's iPod feature...missing features?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericinboston, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ericinboston macrumors 68000

Hi...just got my new iPhone 3GS 16gig today...very cool.

I noticed the iPod feature of the iPhone is either missing tons of features of the normal iPods...or there are settings somewhere I have not found.

Missing features:

1)song titles do not scroll...annoying for dj's like me looking for a particular mix. And, the text is huge.

2)no time display of the song...such as I am 3:10 into the song

3)no search tool

I know the iPhone is not the iPod...but I was told that practically every feature of the iPod was on the iPhone...

-Eric

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

1) not sure
    2) touch the screen, the counters are there
    3) in 3.0 scroll up and there's search.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

In the Now Playing screen of the iPod, tap the bottom left corner, above the black "Control Box".

It'll bring in the Shuffle/Repeat/Genius options, and let you see how far into the song you are.

What do you mean by search? Use Spotlight (On the left of the home screen), it searches every area of your phone, including your iPod.

4. ericinboston thread starter macrumors 68000

aha...I have to click, basically, in the middle of the screen where the cover art would be. Thanks!

I found the search on the main page of the iPhone...the little magnifying glass...

-Eric

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

in most (every?) apple iphone app there's a built in search. It's just hidden on the default screen. If in your playlists or song lists you scroll up past the first song, there's a search.