iPhones iPod feature Q...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tsmith00, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Tsmith00 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was just wondering if you know whether we will be able to hook up the iPhone to AUX cable and listen to music in the car. I have a nano right now and I hook it up with AUX cable in my car and access my iPos music.

Will we be able to do this on iPhone? Any idea??

Thanks

2. 103734 Guest

it has a headphone jack so yes

3. jshbckr macrumors 6502

Not so fast. The headphone jack on the iPhone is recessed. You'll need an adapter for normal headphone cables to fit. Check iLounge.com for accessory reviews.

4. travishill macrumors regular

5. terrrrrible macrumors regular

i don't get why people would want to use their phone as an iPod in the car. if you have a nano or something like that, just use it, and leave it somewhere in the car where it isn't out in the open if you're worried about it being stolen. plus, when you get a call, you have to unhook everything, take the call, then hook it back up again.

6. nicoritschel macrumors regular

Have you never seen one of these?
    [​IMG]

And personally, I'm not one to leave my phone in my parked car.

7. terrrrrible macrumors regular

Never see that thing, I use a monster cable.

I meant leave the nano in the car instead of carrying it around with you, if you misunderstood what i meant.

8. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I'm building an iPhone dock into the pullout ashtray of my volkswagen bus. it will play music while i'm driving, and with the apple bluetooth module, i'll be able to take calls as well!
    Theft is even less of an issue now, because I'll just pull the phone off the dock and push the ashtray in when I get out. It'll look completely stock! YES!

9. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

i use monster too. will it work with the iphone u think?

10. terrrrrible macrumors regular

not sure, but i don't plan on using my phone as an iPod on the car. i might try it just to see, but i'll stick with my regular iPod.

11. 103734 Guest

are you talking about those busses from the 60's? I must see this, post some pics!