iPhone's is turned OFF randomly!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msharp, Oct 2, 2007.

1. msharp macrumors regular

msharp

Wow that was DRIVING ME CRAZY --- You heard me right --- the iPhone would turn off itself without ANY SIGNs and the final result is that the alarm you set won't go off.

I missed so many important things this morning just because of this god damn alarm! Why would it turn off?! The battery is okay!

This is the second time. I don't know if it's reliable anymore.
    Please advise, thanks...

2. earthsick macrumors regular

Do you have any third party apps on the phone? This has happened to me but only when my phone was "hacked".

3. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

I can report this has happened to me as well...And my phone is very plentifully hacked. Sometimes, hitting the home button or sleep/wake button won't even turn it on after it does this...I have to do a hard reset to get it working again.

4. earthsick macrumors regular

Yep, I think this is only happening with people who hack the phone...pinpointing which app it is would be good...I would bet that it is either summerboard or customize

5. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

And this thread is the perfect example of why the lockdown of the iPhone is a great CS move.

You can debate the merits of hacks all you like, but from a purely customer/technical support point of view, why on earth would any company want to deal with this?

6. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

msharp

BUT I DIDN'T HACK MY PHONE.

I wouldn't blame apple if I hacked, but I DIDN'T!

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

So, you have no installed third-party applications and you are not using an unlocked phone, right? I'd say take it in to your nearest Apple store and get it looked at.

8. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

msharp

Absolute. No 3rd party apps, no unlocked, nothing *ever*.

But the thing is it shuts it down *randomly*. I don't know what happens if I take it to an apple store and nothing happens (very likely, because I've been using it for 2 months and this is the 2nd time it shuts down, and the first time is several days ago while I was still using firmware 1.0.2).

Any clues?

9. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

But he hasnt hacked his phone whatsoever;)

10. msharp thread starter macrumors regular

msharp

indeed..... need some clue (is this a software issue or a hardware issue? I still haven't figured out how to reproduce it)

11. earthsick macrumors regular

to the poster, bring your phone to an apple store or send it to apple care, you are probably gonna get a replacement

to Sobe, i agree with you and i do not at the same time...does the phone just run better when the phone is left alone? absoloutly...but i think people are more annoyed about having such a powerful device and it being limited. i am not going to turn this into another "boycot 1.1.1" thread...just saying there are pros and cons...i experienced a few cons such as the OP's issue so i am now in the 1.1.1 club

12. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I don't have a hacked phone and mine will completely freak the f out every couple weeks or so. Phone will ring, I go to answer it and the phone will turn off. Click the home button to get the screen back up and it's black with just the menu bar. Sometimes the slide to unlock is there but the slide doesn't work. Hard reset and it's good to go.

13. tommasomac macrumors newbie

Hi,
    did you understand anything about it?