Iphones/Itunes & a really stupid question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bulldog VII, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi

I plan to get my iphone today & have a question, which I don't know if I should post here or on the itunes thread.

I have an iMac & an 80gig ipod, I am the only person who uses it (wife prefers her PC) Will I have to create a log on now for the ipod & iphone or is there a way of creating 2 accounts on itunes.

HELP!!

only 8 hours to go!!

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I imagine they'll be okay because they are different devices.

3. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

if you mean, can you have both the iPhone and your iPod hooked into iTunes at the same time, and sharing your music between the two, then i think that should be fine. i've had multiple iPods connected to iTunes quite often over the past two years (i've got my nano and my touch both hooked up into iTunes right now actually) and there's no problem - although it's easier if you give them both different names

4. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

if your talking about buying songs with iTunes wifi store on the iPhone, then when you do your first massive sync with iTunes on your Mac, your iTunes account gets synced, so when you buy stuff over wifi iTunes, you just click buy, and enter your password

when you sync back to your pc, the song will appear there, and when you sync your iPod, itll go there too!!

sorry if that sounds confusing, all this talk of iTunes is crazy..

5. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

I probably didn't make myself clear.

My ipod is the 80gig one & I have over 8,000 songs on it, which is too big for the iphone. I will have to create another log in for the imac or another user name for the itunes, to enable me to move some of my music onto the iphone??

I've confused myself now!!

5 hours & 40 mins to go!!

6. zed2 macrumors 6502a

no it's very simple... Just plug either ipod or iphone in to your Mac running the same single account.. itunes know which device is which... it can even tell the difference between two devices of the same model. You can then sync which ever tracks play lists etc you like to which ever device you like.

I have 4 pods of various generations and they all have different playlists and music on them.. Some for the kids, and some for the grown ups.

7. zed2 macrumors 6502a

just trust in the Mac to do the right thing... 99% of the time it does.

8. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Thanks all

Only 4 hours & 7 mins to go & a trip to the dentist first for me:(