iPhones must be delivered on 10th to stores.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jul 6, 2008.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I really don't see how the release is going to be at 08:00 on the 11th if the delivery to each store is not late the day before. UPS, Fed-X, nor any carrier delivers before that time. Unless Apple is going to pay way extra for special deliveries at say 06:30AM to each store. Then they will need time to offload them and unbox and present them.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yes, they'll probably be delivered the day before. But what does it matter when they're delivered? As long as they have stock when I arrive to purchase one that's all that matters.

3. KDDatabase macrumors member

Or they could ya know... get them earlier and store them til the 11th.

BTW...why does it matter to us (the general public). We won't have our hands on them until the 11th. Unless your planning to steal them. Then this is good info.:rolleyes:

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

5. okied90 macrumors newbie

they will be delivered before 3pm on thursday. Its such a pain to deliver these things, that act like to its organ transport.

6. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

If they freight ship, the could show up anytime this week to the individual stores. Freight shipping is much cheaper than FedEx or UPS. They still can't sell them to us until the 11th.

7. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

No it does not matter when they come in but I have been told by the store that a product is not in when in fact it is in the back room. Lying to the customer is not a great policy. Just say that they are in but we are not allowed to touch them until the proper time.

8. KDDatabase macrumors member

Right lying isn't a good policy. But it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they do or don't. You still can't get your hands on them until the 11th.

Unless....... You build an underground tunnel to the att store. Then get out of the country and sell them in the black market for a profit. Anyone? No... I'll see you in line.:p

9. verks macrumors member

verks

A buddy of mine that works for att said they were delivered last year by an armored car with a security guard. ;)

10. Noplac2hyd macrumors member

don't know how true this is. But... I went to my local Mac store (as I do whenever I am in the mall) I was talking to them about the launch. Actually more about the composite video cable but anyway. He told me that they already had their phones delivered in and they had about 1000 of them. He also said that he did not think there would be a problem with running out.

That's all I got

11. admanimal macrumors 68040

Maybe the people at the stores just get tired of crazy Apple fanatics constantly bugging them for useless information or trying to buy items early.

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Last year a majority of shipments (and i do mean majority) were delivered the day before in the afternoon, and shipments were still coming in Friday before noon.

Someone at an AT&T store actually opened up a AT&T model, and actually took pictures of it for us. Many didn't believe him, but once the pics were up, he posted them.

Link: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/28/iphones-arriving-and-being-unpacked/