Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Seems so clunky, and anything but intuitive
unlike the other apps. I find this as worthless as "sticky notes" for osx widgets.

Why can't they update this pos

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
Works fine for me. Now that notes instantly appear in my inbox on my macs and on me.com webmail I use notes on my iPhone a lot. Type note on phone -> it's there staring me in the face when I check my email at work. Useful.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
I like it. Not to do anything spectacular, but it's good to take down someone's email address or the name of a song I like (I do this a lot).

wardev

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
have any constructive criticism instead of mindless raging? any ideas we can have a meaningful conversation about?

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Honestly, I think it's great. What more do you want? It functions like it's suppose to with a nice UI.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Honestly, I think it's great. What more do you want? It functions like it's suppose to with a nice UI.

That's a good point. What more can you want out of a simple notes app? You can take down a grocery list, remember random things, write down stuff on a simple notepad...what else do you want it to do?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
like others said, it's great for writing down quick notes. only thing i wish you could do would assign notifications.
ie, 'pick up groceries' then set a date to do it and have an icon (like mail, messages, missed calls) appear when the app is closed.

Hellishness

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Bay Area, CA
like others said, it's great for writing down quick notes. only thing i wish you could do would assign notifications.
ie, 'pick up groceries' then set a date to do it and have an icon (like mail, messages, missed calls) appear when the app is closed.

Ok, I agree on this one. Notifications would really make it awesome.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Works fine for me. Now that notes instantly appear in my inbox on my macs and on me.com webmail I use notes on my iPhone a lot. Type note on phone -> it's there staring me in the face when I check my email at work. Useful.

Where do I find notes on me.com webmail? Not seeing them under mailboxes on the MM website.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Honestly, I think it's great. What more do you want?

Well they could offer an option to remove the horrid marker felt font, for one thing.

Apple should just buy Simplenote. It's what notepad should be.

ggogins

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2010
yea, but how do u get that notes folder to sync with the notes in the mail app, iphone ipad etc

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
yea, but how do u get that notes folder to sync with the notes in the mail app, iphone ipad etc

In iOS 4 you can enable notes sync in your IMAP email account settings. Syncs with OS X's Mail. Not as nice as simplenote's sync, though.

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003

So you essentially want a To-Do app, of which there are dozens... why does this need to be in the Notes app?

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
because I like the notes app? it's free. it's already on the phone. I don't like having more apps for things the phone already does.
What's a free alternative that offers the notification icon like mail/phone/messages?

the Calendar app should have the ability to do this as well. Especially for things like birthdays and stuff. I don't want to set a reminder to go off at 8am or whatever. just put a damn icon there so I know there is 1 event that day and I can check it whenever I want.

So you essentially want a To-Do app, of which there are dozens... why does this need to be in the Notes app?

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Notes Folder appeared recently in the new webmail (it was already on the native Mail.app on my macs).

In iOS 4 you can enable notes sync in your IMAP email account settings. Syncs with OS X's Mail. Not as nice as simplenote's sync, though.

Thanks. Following this helped tremendously in getting the notes synced correctly between my mac, iPhone and MM webmail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.