Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nilsemil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Hey.

I think it is pretty sad with all the restrictions apple put into the iphone.

For me working with two different computers it feels pretty useless to not serve the device with itunes on each machine (two macbooks one pro).

Not being able to use it as a harddrive does certainly not help.

I just cant really see the long-term benefit with these restrictions. Piracy, wtf? I dont know if you americans got Spotify yet, but it works great. Still, carrying a hard drive with you everywhere and then no chance of using it sucks.

Emil

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Cool blog.

Americans do not get Spotify yet (in the app store --- those who jailbreak may get it).

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008

I agree but the jailbreak community has fixed a lot of the restrictions. Until Apple loosens their grip on the iphone a lot of people will continue to jailbreak.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
That's typically how wifi is used, yes.

Nope. You don't need a wireless network to connect to your computer though wifi. Just set up computer-to-computer sharing. Wifi without a router.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hey.

For me working with two different computers it feels pretty useless to not serve the device with itunes on each machine (two macbooks one pro).

Not being able to use it as a harddrive does certainly not help.

I just cant really see the long-term benefit with these restrictions. Piracy, wtf? I dont know if you americans got Spotify yet, but it works great. Still, carrying a hard drive with you everywhere and then no chance of using it sucks.

Emil

I thought its been like that for many years since the ipod came out. You cant sync with more than one itunes library but you can manually add more music from different itunes on other computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.