iPhones sent to Apple for Repair

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dj420118, Oct 1, 2007.

1. dj420118 macrumors regular

I just sent my iPhone to apple because of what i think is a faulty WiFi card...it seems to disconnect from my wireless network at home after about a minute of connection even though all my macs seem fine. Has anyone else here had their phone sent in for repair? If so, has Apple attempted to fix it or do they just replace your phone with a refurbished one?

Thanks,

Danny

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

I've had my iPhone serviced twice and both times it a different unit came back. They both looked pristine, so I couldn't visually tell if they were refurb or not.

3. kaeckisthename macrumors member

exactly.....I've sent 3 back.....just sent mine back today because the touch screen had a strip at the top that didn't register my touch.....I hope I get a new one that is pristine and WORKS for more than a couple weeks

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Wow, that's why I had to send mine back too -- non-responsive strips across the screen. It's a small world. hehe :)

5. dj420118 thread starter macrumors regular

well it looks like they aren't even bothering attempting to fix these things. I'd figure they wouldn't... everything is so tightly integrated in there that i guess its not worth their time.